Blackberry feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Hey all

I'm on my blackberry bold and have my rr feed up that shows the tg names and such thru winamp or the browser.
How do I get set up my blaclberry to show them in the winamp media player option to show the talkgroup names?
It just shows me some number at the bottom of the player. Or can that ecen be done on a blackberry have the names shown

kd8jhc

I listen with BBScanner on my Blackberry. After I added alpha tags to my feed, I was wondering the same thing you are. I went over to the forums on the BBScanner site and here's what I found:

(start quote)
Post by Gordon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:11 pm

I don't believe it's possible.

When playing, the app receives the MP3 audio from the server and sticks it into a buffer for the media player to read from, the app doesn't have visibility into where in the buffer the media player is playing which means the app would end up displaying text tags that could be up to a minute off. Another problem would be that I would have to figure out how to extract that information from the MP3 data stream.
(end quote)

I wish I had looked this up before I registered BBScanner. I do like the program, but this response is less than satisfying.

jhc

SCPD

QRT
I LIKE This app!

I just got my FIRST Smart phone yesterday, a BB! I so dislike iPhones. WOW I like the BBScanner application.

I noticed something odd however. The delay from real time listening online is what? 11 seconds? where as listening on BBScanner its more like a minute to a minute and a half off of real time.

Is this likely my connection or does this happen on all Phone feeds?

Digital sounds just as good, if not better on the phone as it does the actual scanner.

Muxlow

Super Secret
The delay is alot longer on my phone too.
If i have my scanner on, and the feed open on the computer and my phone.. i get everything one after another with with 10 seconds or more delay from each

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
The long delay is due to the audio stream 'buffering' or being saved in the phone before it begins to play.

I too would prefer to see Text Tags on BBScanner, but it's not possible. Otherwise it's a great APP.

Actually, I'd love to see an APP for ProScan feeds on the iPhone or BlackBerry.

My iPOD Touch will show my text tags from my stream when I'm running it via ScannerCast with my
BCD396T. There are a few APPs that will allow you to listen to a Custom feed/URL. The one I use
is supported by RadioReference/ScanAmerica and is called "Scanner", available on iTunes.

Home - Radio for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.