Blackhawks in Northern Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

I'm out here near Lincoln City and just saw a flight of 3 blackhawks go by, any idea where they are out of and their comms might be?
Thanks

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Probably the Oregon Army Guard out of Salem, OR.

Try 248.5 MHz. They use this to call in to their operations center in Salem.

Not sure what they are using for air-to-air when they are traveling in pairs.

- Chris

mm

With our Cobham/Wulfsberg Com radio they can be found anywhere from 29.7 to 960 MHz in any mode, AM/FM or P25 with AES encryption.

In fact there is one right now Hoovering just outside my office, here at McNary field, at ~50 feet elevation doing some radio testing on Salem ground 121.9.

Let me see If I can get some of the Tactical FM/P25 frequencies other than the Salem ATC ones and I'll get back to this thread.

It's been about 14 months since I have been in either the Bhawk or the LUH/Lakota and as a result I forgot all the local TAC channels used up here.

Mike

Wulfsberg Eng. retired and happily living in Ore or Northern AZ.

Prescott Arizona or Salem Oregon

Ok back again,

Try listening on 142.8 MHz FM or 40.9 MHz FM.

248.5MHz AM is NG ops Salem UHF but still I always hear the NG helos on tower 119.1 MHz

Last edited:

OutlawHoss

Premium Subscriber
I saw a newer Bell Heuy the other day, looked to be some military r.e.m. getting around; but some months ago saw the F-16s from Klamath and caught tx regarding a CAP they were flying (don't remember the freq, but probably one listed on the RR database). Most interesting thing I've seen is two completely blacked out helo's in formation with two properly beaconed helo's moving low and slow over the I-5 corridor. Any time there is some military movement around here, southern oregon, it seems the I-5 corridor is traced as I.F.R. (that is, "I Follow River").

Status
Not open for further replies.