Blackwater Were is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I have been getting a close call hit all day for freq. 159.2700 with a PL 107.2. It is "Blackwater to
Blackwater Ranger ** come in for radio check" and then I can hear the ranger call back. Can someone
tell me were this Blackwater is at and I tryed google and that did not help. Thanks for any help.

ltjweiss

are you talking about blackwater the private military company? if so it has changed its name several times from blackwater usa to blackwater international and is now named simply as Xe Services LLC and its current hq is near moyock north carolina. i doubt they are related.

georgew0819

Blackwater and 159.2700Mhz

159.2700MHZ is licensed to the Alabama Forestry Commision for statewide use. The Blackwater River which empties into Escambia Bay (Pensacola FL) is feed by the headwaters of the Blackwater River Basin in the Atwood AL area. That may explain the ability to hear the frequency on close call as well as the Blackwater reference.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thanks georgew0819 that is who it must be. The unit sound like forest rangers from the way there
talking. I must be getting one good skip because they have to be at lest 300 mile or more away from
me.

Steve

joejo, that is the Florida Forestry. Blackwater Unit covers some of the Panhandle area. The FL database shows the actual breakdown. I think 159.405 is used in and around Panama City area.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info everyone. That has to be the Blackwater I was hearing. I just would not have
thought I could get a skip that clear and that far from Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.