BladeRF XB-200 HF/VHF Transverter Boards Now Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
As the subject says, the long awaited board that will extend the receive range of the bladeRF SDR down into the HF bands is shipping. I received mine yesterday. Simon of SDR-Radio fame should be receiving his shortly and will be working on code to support the transverter. Users in Linux should be able to apply a patch to get theirs going.

Some links of interest:

Nuand | bladeRF Software Defined Radio
HF/VHF transverter | Nuand -
https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/Getting-Started:-XB200-Transverter-Board

Once everything is in place this should make for a pretty robust wideband SDR capable of displaying up to just under 40 MHz of spectrum simultaneously anywhere between 60 KHz and 3000 MHz when interfaced via a USB3 connection.

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
As the subject says, the long awaited board that will extend the receive range of the bladeRF SDR down into the HF bands is shipping. I received mine yesterday. Simon of SDR-Radio fame should be receiving his shortly and will be working on code to support the transverter. Users in Linux should be able to apply a patch to get theirs going.

Some links of interest:

Nuand | bladeRF Software Defined Radio
HF/VHF transverter | Nuand -
https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/Getting-Started:-XB200-Transverter-Board

Once everything is in place this should make for a pretty robust wideband SDR capable of displaying up to just under 40 MHz of spectrum simultaneously anywhere between 60 KHz and 3000 MHz when interfaced via a USB3 connection.

Wow..this is super exciting! I feel like a kid in a candy store...I want that one! No..that one!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'd let some of us "early adopters" do some HF testing first though. My intentions are pretty much 30 MHz and up, but I'll surely give it a run through HF as well. I currently use an SDR-IQ there but were the bladeRF to perform reasonably close to it I might sell it as my HF'ing is casual at best these days.

I speculate on your interests given your username. :)

shortwaver

Premium Subscriber
I'd let some of us "early adopters" do some HF testing first though. My intentions are pretty much 30 MHz and up, but I'll surely give it a run through HF as well. I currently use an SDR-IQ there but were the bladeRF to perform reasonably close to it I might sell it as my HF'ing is casual at best these days.

I speculate on your interests given your username. :)

Correct! HF is pretty much where I spend all my time, though I am starting to get interested in packet and milair.

Status
Not open for further replies.