Blanchard pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mam1081

Feed Provider
Peter, I think you missed the modulation - TRBO. The pro82 will need to be modified to output raw audio. It can be done, but not the easiest.

If you have access to another (preferably mobile) scanner, I may be able to help with the mod. I might even have an old scanner or two I'd be willing to sell that have the dicsiminator output port. With these and the DSD software, you could listen to Blanchard, Purcell, any P25 and even Oklahoma city's pro voice! I haven't done the decode in windows yet. I'll try and let you know if it works....

mam1081

Feed Provider
I have Blanchard PD/Newcastle FD (apparently getting dispatched on 152.2025 also) decoded with the windows port of dsd (dsdforwin) using a Uniden BCT7 (with disciminator tap). Works fine. Doesn't sound the best, but audible and about 70% understandable. I don't have a really strong signal at my location, and I could probably tune it to get better decode. Also works on OKC ProVoice. Also decodes P25 amateur repeater on 444.2

Last edited:

browkurs

if i go out a buy a scanner what do i need to get which is the best for a low price? lol thanks for the help
what im wanting to do is to stream it on the live feeds if i can

mam1081

Feed Provider
That's probably the most commonly asked question. The most common reply is: it depends on what you want to listen to! Unfortunately, there are no scanners currently that will listen to Blanchard PD "out of the box" - even the "digital" scanners will only decode one type of digital voice (that's not very common in Oklahoma...yet).

Your level of expertise and computer programming is another point to consider when looking for a scanner. If you aren't very computer savvy, a Uniden Home Patrol is a pretty cool scanner. If you are decently savvy and want to do a lot of custom scan lists, I'd recommend looking at a PSR500/600 or a Uniden 396XT/996XT. Of course, those are all the latest and greatest digital scanners, so expect to pay $350 minimum for the cheapest new one, and up to $550 for the high-end ones.

browkurs

I'm a computer tech so computers are no problem on scanners just every had the one old analog radio shack just want to know which is the lowest priced so that i can hock up to my computer and decode it

mam1081

Feed Provider
You can try plugging the audio out to your microphone input on your computer and running DSD while the scanner is on 152.2025. I doubt it will work well.

If that's all you are looking for, find a cheap scanner that already has or can be modified to include a discriminator output (try a google search). I have a BC780XLT, BCT7, PRO83, PRO94 that have the output. Some ham radios have a 9600 "packet" interface output that will work too. If you can't find one, let me know - I have another BCT7 that I haven't modified to add the discriminator tap to, but can.

mam1081

Feed Provider
So if i buy the GRE PSR-600 Scanner it ready to go it has the port already

Negative. The only thin the PSR600 has is a programming port. You can also run some trunk-tracking programs (like unitrunker) with it. It does NOT have a discriminator output. You'd have to look on something more like a receiver radio (not scanner) to have something like that from the factory. You can mod just about any scanner to add one though...

Status
Not open for further replies.