blast from the past comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

What a receiver, still remember being the envy of everyone that heard it at airshows, it was the only game in town when it came to receiving milair freqs until the Pro43 came out. Was about $1,500 new then, and some pretty advanced features. Couldn't resist picking one up on ebay for $160 shipped. Simple to program on the fly, unlike most modern scanners, and I will be using it exclusively for airshows and airports, where it still excels. Only worries are spare parts if something goes wrong, I seem to recall that pad under oft used buttons going bad after a while.

Should be a nice compliment to my existing air show scanners ,, Also like that it takes 4 AA's, easy to swap spares.

Attachments

• IMG_6655.jpg
    IMG_6655.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 196

Xray

Oh hell yeah, I'd requisition that if able.
Ironically, I sold mine on ebay years ago

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I had one of those for a while. I think I gave it to my brother. I need to ask him if he still has it.

Had one myself, was a great radio in it's day; I'll have to dig through the boxes of semi-retired radios at home to see if I still have it (pretty sure I sold it years ago).

Xray

Still a champ for air monitoring, I'll take this over a SDS any day of the week, which is a beast to program in the field, cannot swap batteries, has so so audio and wobbly air band reception - About the only advantage it has is alpha tagging [and yes I do have a SDS as well, and a 125 AT].

This will be my main handheld at shows, AT for backup, and a Pro 2006 hooked up to an external speaker on my tailgate

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Still a champ for air monitoring, I'll take this over a SDS any day of the week, which is a beast to program in the field, cannot swap batteries, has so so audio and wobbly air band reception - About the only advantage it has is alpha tagging [and yes I do have a SDS as well, and a 125 AT].

This will be my main handheld at shows, AT for backup, and a Pro 2006 hooked up to an external speaker on my tailgate

The 125AT is my go-to scanner for portable aviation and Mil Air monitoring these days. Great radio; easy to use, easy to program, quite sensitive and has alpha tags. Runs forever on two AA alkaline batteries (and a decently long time on AA Eneloops), plus you can head to the local Stop-and-Rob for replacement batteries in a pinch.

I got mine on Amazon for $85 new; such a bargain I couldn't pass it up.

Xray

I like the AT, if it didn't have a hobbled milair range I'd like it even more.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I have a AOR 900 sitting on the shelf

blw

I sold my AOR 1000 and kept my AOR 1500. I just couldn’t see having both scanners. Like that logic matters after a while. I recently bought a Uniden SDS200 and all the keys. It’s a good scanner but I will always miss the AR 1000xlt.

Xray

Will be putting it through its paces soon, air show coming up with both the Blues and Tbirds.
I'll have 2 more scanners but looking forward to hearing it in its element again.

blw

I saw the Tbirds a couple of years ago. I’ve seen the BAngels too but the Tbirds put them to shame….imo. They flew up behind the stands which was awesome. They did a lot of flyovers fast and slow.

smason

I saw my 1000 the other day when rooting through some boxes looking for something. I never really fell in love with it, dunno why.
I've been thinking about firing up all my old scanners just for grins. 2004 2006 43, AOR 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.