Bleeding Edge DSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaregia

Premium Subscriber
I noticed DSD (original) had hit 1.7.0-dev, so I thought I'd give it a shot building from scratch via Github. Glad to report that pulling the latest git worked fine on both Ubuntu 13.11 and Windows 7/Cygwin64. If 32 is your flavor, I'm sure that would work as well.

The only thing that concerned me (read: too lazy just for Cygwin) was the difficulty in adding the ATLAS/MKL/ACML packages to ITPP, but I doubt it will matter much on a halfway decent processor.

cmake seemed to work just fine, no need for gcc options.
As always, you will need libsndfile-devel and itpp, and whatever dependent DLL's to run the executable.

73's

Boatanchor

Thanks for the info.

Is there a Windows executable version of 1.7 anywhere?

Unless I'm reading the Github wrong, it seems there is some additional error correction built into the new version.

br0adband

Was mention of it at the RTL-SDR blog a few weeks back:

Receiving D-STAR Voice with DSD 1.7 on Windows - rtl-sdr.com

Link is at the end of the post, someone compiled it for Windows using the instructions in the post and then shared the MEGA link for a download - would post it here but some people are "sensitive" about such things so, check out the post at the link above, scroll down, voila, you're almost done. :D

aquaregia

Premium Subscriber
DSD 1.7

DSD 1.7 really isn't that hard to compile (I use that term loosely) since it pretty much does it itself. I know some people have a problem with precompiled binaries here (although I think it's sort of silly, given the niche sector we serve.)

Start to finish, even on the slowest processor you can find, should take you no more than two hours. If you need some help, give me a ring.

ar

Status
Not open for further replies.