• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Blinking green light on TK2200 Protalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpflum

I've read that a blinking green light on a TK220 ProTalk is supposed to indicate that the unit is scanning, How can I turn this off?? I tried the scan and scan with delete keys and it will pause for a while but start right back up blinking. I used the software and cable to turn off the scan option for the channel I want to stay on but nothing. I removed all but one channel info in the software and wrote it back to the radio but still I get a blinking green light.

What am I doing wrong or is there something that can fail in the unit that will cause this?? I found a bunch of these radios in storage at one of our yards that no one knows anything about so I'm trying to determine if there real issues with the radios or programming problems or even just bad batteries. The person last in charge of yard radios wasn't a tech so it's possible he just canned them when the batteries went bad.

Bill

CommJunkie

Not familiar with that particular model, but on my Kenwoods the green light blinks too. I've never seen an option for turning it off. I kinda like it, though.

wpflum

I just would like to know why it appears to be scanning even if there is only one channel of the 8 in the unit set up.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The green LED is not an indicator for scanning. It is used for channel busy and yes it will blink during scan as it goes across a channel the squelch detects activity. Try bumping the squelch up to keep the busy light from being triggered from noise, static, etc.

alphacommnj

The green LED is not an indicator for scanning. It is used for channel busy and yes it will blink during scan as it goes across a channel the squelch detects activity. Try bumping the squelch up to keep the busy light from being triggered from noise, static, etc.

Actually, on the TK2200 (and TK3300, 33302, 2302, 2202, etc.) the green light blinking is used for indicating SCAN is on. This is in addition to a solid green light indicating you are receiving a transmission. Because there is no screen on these models, the GREEN flashing led is the only indication that you are in scan mode (Funny because I just picked up a TK-2312 with a screen and it says "SCAN" on the screen but doeesn't blink the LED when you are scanning :( I kind of miss it).

If the radio is blinking green in a steady pattern, it is definitely the scan indicator. If it is arbitrarily blinking green aka with no particular rhythm, then you are probably picking up a faint transmission that is not unmuting the speaker. If it is the first of the two, I suspect the radio has an internal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.