Blizzard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Well, it might not be a blizzard in the epic sorta way, but it was close this morning (15 Feb 2010) with blowing snow, white-outs, nasty roads, etc.... During this series of nasty WX events there are bound to be some new freqs out there, has anyone grabbed any? Utilities, road crews (kudos to SlGlNT for grabbing the new TGID for Lexington's Salt Trucks), media (LEX 18 is almost exclusively cell fone, sorry).... anything that will help keep us all in touch with what is happening around us....
By the way, it isn't all glamor and comfort in TV, especially when the station's motto is "Coverage You Can Count On". My usual Live Talent (Lee Cruse) snapped the picture this morning to illustrate how thick the snow was.....Just call me the Abominable Cameraman....

Attachments

jerk

I hate Snow!
Was out in it today... and we're in the 7 inch area, getting an ambulance up a hill back a long lane. Slipped and fell and got snow down my 12 inch boots... did I say I hate snow.

Lots of scanner activity on anything I can receive here at home.
Might be a good time to catch unknowns on the various Louisville trunked systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.