BLM updated, please check

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Broke down and expanded the BLM listings in the state. BLM has been updated by field office responsibility and common fire channels grouped together. The districts have been geotagged for GPS based scanners.

Links to the official BLM field office in each listing has also been added for convenience.

Please check for accuracy for your area, and submit to the database (or in this thread) any updates or corrections needed. Fire season isn't too far away.

Wyoming Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

hpycmpr

Thanks for the BLM updates, that will help me a lot next summer.

I noticed the Yellowstone NP listing has a bunch of NIFC freqs at the bottom which probably should be left in the national list, such as the Tac and Cmnd listings. They're not park specific.

The EMS and Mountain Search are not federal freqs and should probably be removed. I suspect they're mutual aid with one of the surrounding communities.

Thanks again
Steve

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The ynp frequencies are used in the park and part of the park radio plan (and programmed in the field radios). Normally I'd septet ate out stuff like that but with being withing the park plan and extensive use makes it a little easier for the scanner community.

hpycmpr

I suspect that they may be in the plans of most large parks in fire areas and therefore in the park radios. But then why have a national list?
My own scanner file has a separate scan list for NIFC freqs which can be brought up as needed and there's a lot more freqs there.
I suspect there are a lot of scannists that may not realize they're duplicating frequencies when following the local db.

Your call,
Steve

SCPD

QRT
The organization of the Wyoming BLM State Office is as follows. The High Desert District is located in Rock Springs with the Kemmereer Field Office, Pinedale Field Office, Rawlins Field Office and Rock Springs Field Office. The High Plains District is located in Casper with the Buffalo Field Office, Casper Field Office and the Newcastle Field Office. Finally the Wind River/Bighorn Basin District located in Worland with the Cody Field Office, Lander Field Office and the Worland Field Office.

If the database page for this agency is organized by district the frequency information will be easier to follow.

A little history of the BLM's organization may be helpful here. Up until 10-15 years ago state offices were divided into districts, which were then subdivided into "Resource Areas." Somewhere around 2000 to 2005, the districts were abolished and the resource areas became field offices. The field office managers then reported directly to the state director. This proved to be difficult as there were too many field office managers for one person to deal with. Some administrative function had to be moved around, such as personnel, which split up between the field office it had been at and the state office. Purchasing, vehicle maintenance and other functions were centralized. This all proved to work poorly, so 10 years ago district offices were reestablished, resulting in field office managers reporting to district managers once again.

You may have seen this field office being supervised by the state director in the past, which may have caused you to list everything by field office. The reestablishment of districts should be reflected in the database.

Database administrators can quickly find the organization of any state office. On the BLM's website BLM - The Bureau of Land Management find the link "Our Offices/Centers." Click on it and find the state offices. Click on it and then find "Contact Us," and find the "Directory" link. Click on it and the state office, districts and the field offices in the districts will pop right up. The organization of the state will then be quite accessible.

Hopefully, the database administrators will then edit their BLM or Federal pages to be more accurate and easier to use.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Wyoming was done by field office, as mapped from the BLM maps located on each field office web page (as linked in the database). I didn't see anything obvious that broke it down any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.