Block out ID's from transmitting on PRO-2035

Status
Not open for further replies.

busdriverstew

My question is about selecting certain ID's to listen to. There are several channels that I listen to that are shared by other "un-interesting" channels that I don't want to listen to. I've tried to put these ID's in a separate bank, closing the bank, and locking out the ID, but they still come through when I scan.

This manual I have is very complicated and I can't seem to figure it out.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
My question is about selecting certain ID's to listen to. There are several channels that I listen to that are shared by other "un-interesting" channels that I don't want to listen to. I've tried to put these ID's in a separate bank, closing the bank, and locking out the ID, but they still come through when I scan.

This manual I have is very complicated and I can't seem to figure it out.

When you say "ID's", what do you mean? The PRO-2035 is not a trunking scanner so there are no ID's to speak of.

Or has RadioShack reused the 2035 model number for a new trunking scanner?

Also the 2035 is not a transmitter so you cannot block out anything from transmitting. You can lock out channels that contain frequencies and stop them from receiving.
If you are monitoring a frequency used as part of a trunked radio system, there is nothing you can do to selectively lockout the unwanted talkgroups that may pop up on the channel. You need a trunk tracking scanner for that.

edit: Reading your other posts, it looks like you may have transposed the model number and really meant the PRO-2053. I'm not familiar with that model so hopefully someone that is will jump in and help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.