Block out ID's??? PRO-2053

Status
Not open for further replies.

busdriverstew

Hello,

I have a few motorolla channels that I enjoy listening to, but these same channels are shared by about 5 or 6 other companies. I'm having a hard time understanding the manual that comes with the PRO 2053.

I have the undesirable ID's marked as L/O (lockout) but they still come through.

Any tips or ideas?

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T459/T459UVIA1 NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Is there a reference in the manual about open and closed banks? If so, you'll need to enter the talk groups you want to recieve, then CLOSE the bank.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With your description about 'companies', It sounds very much like you are listening to a LTR type system, not Motorola (although it's certainly possible). If that's the case, the 2053 won't work as it doesn't support LTR trunking. There are many inexpensive and more current scanners that do. However, to be sure, it would be helpful if we knew to what system you were listening.

Mike

[edit] Assuming for a moment that it indeed is a Motorola system you are hearing, the Easier to Read manual might help...

PRO93/95/2053 Easier to Read Manual

Last edited:

busdriverstew

Figured it out...

Thanks for the tips about closing the banks! When I close the bank and lock-out an id number it no longer comes through! Thanks!

On a side note about the motorola system used here. There are about 10 channels and one control channel. The system is trunked so there are several services and companies using these 10 channels to communitcate (roughy 20 companies/services).

As each company or service comes through the radio it shows a 5 digit motorola number, which I save and assign a text tag to it to identify it. The problem I had been having was that I wanted to listen to the school board's system that I work for, but when I want to listen to it I was having to listen to unwanted garbage trucks, and courier services as well.

So, by locking out these unique ID's and closing the bank I no longer have to listen to them.

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.