Blocked Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
One of the guys at R/S told me that New Hanover and Pender County, NC, (Wilmington, Hampstead, Surf City Areas) have Blocked their 800 Police and Fire frequencies and that several other area Law Enforcement agencies will probably follow by the end of the year. There goes my scanner activity! Anybody know anything about that??

kb4mdz

And what makes this guy at R/S such an expert on Pender & New Hanover county's radio systems?

Sorry, I get tired of people who might know 1/10 of 1% of what a radio system entails speaking like they're experts.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Got It! Thanks!
Excuse my ignorance...but I don't suppose that there is any way to monitor "encrypted" frequencies is there?
BTW: kb4mdz....1/10 of 1% might be generous! HA!
Thanks to all.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Got It! Thanks!
Excuse my ignorance...but I don't suppose that there is any way to monitor "encrypted" frequencies is there?
BTW: kb4mdz....1/10 of 1% might be generous! HA!
Thanks to all.

Wilmington/New Hanover has encrypted many public safety talkgroups and
the only way to monitor encrypted talkgroups is to join one of the public
safety agencies in that area and receive an authorized system radio.
Other than that you are out of luck.
Marshall KE4ZNR

kn4ja

Encrypted Systems

Communication systems for law enforcement are paid for by taxpayers. There is justification for some private channels but the public has a right to monitor their Public Safety Systems. Open communication is one of the cornerstones of society. It is alway highly desirable to have an informed public. I suggest you write the county commissioners, city Councilmen, police Chief, Sheriff and your state and congressional representatives. A secret society smacks of Nazi-like conduct and encrypting anything but privileged conversation is UnAmerican.

SCPD

QRT
nc

Shocked to see such a thing happening in the south,as most Americans in the south think the way you do and feel just the way you do!Sad to see that the agencies in that area feel their communications need to be secretive and that theres so many people listening that they implemented this.

ts548

but the public has a right to monitor their Public Safety Systems.

Can you lease show me where in the Constitution it says you have a right to monitor public safety systems? Your "right" is a privilege and that privilege is going away. Systems are easier to encrypt now and cost next to nothing.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Take it to the rants section guys. This horse has been beaten to death, revived, and beaten to death again.

Yes it sucks but blowing up the forums here isn't going to fix a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.