Bloomfield PD & CLMRN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Bloomfield is always on Site 28, Troop H. They built two of their own sites on the Troop H Cell. If they are heard elsewhere, it is not a regular thing.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Eversource site may not yet be turned on but the PD one has been on since July when Bloomfield PD moved over.

chris

MarkB513

I heard Bloomfield PD's 11101 TG in Cheshire off of the "L" tower yesterday and hit scan and also noticed it was also coming in off of the "A". The unit mentioned he was in the Blue Hills Ave/Forest Lane area. Not sure if it's a lack of "H" coverage for that area. Also noticed TG 11104 used for tactical (sometimes encrypted) and 11114 used today for what sounded like a traffic detail.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I heard Bloomfield PD's 11101 TG in Cheshire off of the "L" tower yesterday and hit scan and also noticed it was also coming in off of the "A". The unit mentioned he was in the Blue Hills Ave/Forest Lane area. Not sure if it's a lack of "H" coverage for that area. Also noticed TG 11104 used for tactical (sometimes encrypted) and 11114 used today for what sounded like a traffic detail.

yes thank you. I noticed one encrypted transmission last night didnt catch the tg. I'm still not convinced i get all their transmissions and I have 3 scanners and rtl-sdr connected. Makes sense if it went to a different site. Most likely it did that because a unit probably detective might have been in Troop L or A's for some reason. But just another thing to listen for. Thanks for the info. Alec

MarkB513

I normally wouldn't be monitoring Bloomfield unless I'm actually in Bloomfield. I just happen to catch it while in search mode driving home from work in Cheshire. I have no issues monitoring them in Bloomfield with the "H" system (except for the occasional annoying low audio from the base, which recently has actually gotten a lot better). I work fairly close to the PD and I know they have a simulcast setup. Do you know how that works? Does their simulcast site use the same frequencies as the "H" system or are they completely different? I would have to think they would be the same for it to work. Also, I've heard them using their channel #2 encrypted, so you may have heard that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.