Bloomingdale PD update to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NParkNJ

On the Road
As you guys have probably noticed, Bloomingdale PD have moved over to DMR. The system is using RAS.

It seems now the entire department is switched over and operating. They do have some dead spots but overall the performance seems to be ok for them.

They were on 471.8000 115, shared with Pompton Lakes and Riverdale. Now, it is primarily just Pompton and Riverdale. They have not moved as of writing this.

They still have 471 in their radios as a backup, and mutual aid. Headquarters also has it in their console as well. Unsure if they still use their lowband, “channel 3,” listed in the DB. As of the last few weeks it has been quiet.

As noted, Pompton Lakes, who still dispatches them overnight, same time, has access to their channel. As in the past, is the same, just on DMR now.

As for unit ids, this is what we have been able to identify so far:

Bloomingdale HQ: i100

Bloomingdale mobiles: i68#

Bloomingdale portables:
vary, but have observed i5-i30.

Overall, the ids are a bit different than with 471, with 471 they had a B68# on mobiles, and B6## on portable. No longer. This is now their system, so no longer “sharing” the same dispatch channel with 2 other towns is my belief for the unit/radio ids being this way

Pompton HQ: i300

Unsure at time of writing this also if other surrounding towns have this in their patrol cars or at HQ(besides Pompton HQ). Also, so far we have only identified TG 101, for dispatch. There may be others, but we haven’t identified them yet.

Thanks guys, happy monitoring.

Attached are some pics of the system, observed on my 996p2. 83F07ECE-8368-42D7-8202-E28FA4A05C6B.jpeg5993EEF6-BDF1-47FE-8C19-50C27AD1FD2E.jpegFF41719C-5316-4016-9E83-1C17DF2CFC7B.jpeg

NParkNJ

On the Road
AFAIK, they are still dispatched on lowband, but as the DB lists, they do have some comms on DMR.

But they are not full-time DMR, not at this present time anyway.

K2NEC

Is the FD on DMR?
It's about 50/50. I'm not sure how they pick what channel they use but in the last week I have heard them on low band and DMR so they pretty much use both ATM. However, in the not-so-distant future, they will be full time DMR.

EDIT: Just to clarify I am talking about the FD DMR channel that's not part of the IPSC network.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Update:

16:50-ish hours today, HQ noted “my radio isn’t working either.” Seems the units are also having issues. Primary comms have returned to 471.8000 115 for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.