Bloomington Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleduke17

It looks like Bloomington Fire Department is paging on their new frequency of 154.160. Also, it looks like it is their en-route channel. Has this gone on for a while, or has it just started today?

cubn

Database Admin
I didn't know that they had switched to VHF already. They must have done it in the last week or so. Thanks for letting us know.

Is anyone still using EF Johnson or has Bloomington Public Works stopped using it as well?

daleduke17

cubn said:
I didn't know that they had switched to VHF already. They must have done it in the last week or so. Thanks for letting us know.

Is anyone still using EF Johnson or has Bloomington Public Works stopped using it as well?

It might be just Public Works. I don't know. Not much traffic on it this afternoon.

daleduke17

It looks like BFD is also using the EF Johnson system as well. Right now they are out on a activated alarm and heard some fireground stuff on there. Might have been a mistake, though.

cubn

Database Admin
I didn't have two radios to confirm this, but it sounds like BFD is simulcasting their dispatch channel on 154.160 and EF Johnson.

Bloomington Public Works is still using the EF Johnson TRS.

cubn

Database Admin
I listened on Friday and Saturday and was hearing the mobiles transmitting on EF Johnson patched back over onto 154.160, as well as the METCOM dispatcher transmissions. The signal strength is really strong on 154.160. I hope when they switch over to VHF that it will be set up as a repeater instead of simplex on 154.160. Prior to switching to METCOM in 1996, they used to have a repeater set up on the south tower of Watterson Towers on 154.160 (179.9 pl) which repeated 153.770.

Off-topic: I heard some Normal Parks & Rec conversations on the old NPD 2 453.950 (103.5) this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.