Blount county control frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltman151

So I just built my first SDR (not without problems) but I'm trying to find the control frequency for blount county. I can pick up sevier county's decently. I've looked at every frequency listed, and tried looking around through the entire 850mhz and 769-780mhz bands and can't find it. There's two towers within 15 miles of my house, and by estimation the sevier county one is 20 away. If anybody happens to know what it is, I'd appreciate it.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
So I just built my first SDR (not without problems) but I'm trying to find the control frequency for blount county. I can pick up sevier county's decently. I've looked at every frequency listed, and tried looking around through the entire 850mhz and 769-780mhz bands and can't find it. There's two towers within 15 miles of my house, and by estimation the sevier county one is 20 away. If anybody happens to know what it is, I'd appreciate it.

In the TACN DB, you will need to use any of the sites in Blount County (Maryville site, Look Rock site, Townsend site). The red numbers are your control channels. I have found the Look Rock site is the best. You may also try the Lenoir City site.
I have all of these programmed in, but the best way to do it is to use the site closest to you.

Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN) Trunking System, Varies, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I will have to double check next time I am out that way, but at one point 774.48125 and 774.23125 were also used as control channels yet weren't updated in DB. Once I get out that way to verify I'll submit to DB.

Last edited:

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I was doing some radio maintenance this weekend and realized site 228 was incorrect. I submitted the update to the db, but 774.23125 is a control channel currently on the Look Rock site.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I will have to double check next time I am out that way, but at one point 774.48125 and 774.23125 were also used as control channels yet weren't updated in DB. Once I get out that way to verify I'll submit to DB.

The 774.48125 is showing as a control channel for the Maryville (site 227) site, according to PRO96COM. I have submitted it as well.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate that confirmation as I am out of its' range currently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I am actually out of range for that site also, it was listed as a neighbor site for the Centerville site. I'm going to head over to Maryville later this week and run PRO96 and see what I come up with since that CC has been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.