Blue Ridge Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
I plan on traveling the BRP end of March. Any changes from what is in the database? Also, is there a listing of HAM repeaters that cover the Parkway? The lists I have found are 10 years old. Thanks!

Flyham

I plan on traveling the BRP end of March. Any changes from what is in the database? Also, is there a listing of HAM repeaters that cover the Parkway? The lists I have found are 10 years old. Thanks!

I "THINK" the BRP VHF p25 listing is reasonable accurate, however I might be wrong.
As for the HAM stuff. Check this https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/TravelSearch.php?route=AT&state_id=37
and may I also suggest 145.430 -0.6 CSQ (Sparta/Green Mtn), and 147.360 +0.6 pl 103.5 (Boone / Rich Mtn)

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The DB for the parkway in NC is accurate other than the DPL's for Rich and Cowee. The NC sites are run primarily in digital anyway.

wcu02mpa

Don't forget Mt. Mitchell 145.190 - pl 156.7

I lived in Asheville for 30 years before recently moving to Florida . When did MM 145.190 get a PL tone?

The BRP VHF stuff is pretty accurate. They use XTL5000 VHF O5 remote head units. I have certified some of their RADAR units in my previous employment.

N4VX

I just checked it, the Mt. Mitchell Repeater (145.190-) is operating CSQ this morning

sloop

OOPS! Mt. Mitchell got a tone when I could not read my list! The Raleigh, NC repeater has that tone and I misread my list....sorry. Thank you everyone for pointing that out. You all are correct Mt. Mitchell does NOT have a tone, at least I got the frequency right. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.