Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazluv690

NC_MAN
hello...question i have a undien bc296d and when I downloaded ProScan to program my scanner and after just a few minutes a blue screen popped up and said blue screen of death restart so i did .. when it came back up this popped up www.windows./stopcode.xml keeps popping up so i went and restored my scanner andcomputer to factory settings like when i bought..now i have proscan now but i havent tryed my scanner on my PC yet..I dont want to go through the same problem again..never had any problems until I started to upload to my scanner..I dont have a clue...I need help plz? thanks in advance..

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Need some more details, what are the specs of your computer? How old is it, what version of windows are you running?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
That 'stopcode' url looks suspicious to me as in harmful to my computer. I wouldn't have click on it. As 62Truck comment, more is needed...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
hello...question i have a undien bc296d and when I downloaded ProScan to program my scanner and after just a few minutes a blue screen popped up and said blue screen of death restart so i did .. when it came back up this popped up www.windows./stopcode.xml keeps popping up so i went and restored my scanner andcomputer to factory settings like when i bought..now i have proscan now but i havent tryed my scanner on my PC yet..I dont want to go through the same problem again..never had any problems until I started to upload to my scanner..I dont have a clue...I need help plz? thanks in advance..

Does this happen during the installation or starting ProScan? What OS are you running? What do you mean by "never had any problems until I started to upload to my scanner". I think you emailed me a little earlier(before I saw this). Your question " how to program my scanner with either programs". I think we have to take this one item at a time starting with getting ProScan to run if it's not already.

Chris0516

Something major is wrong, to be getting BSOD.

Other than the restart instruction. Did you note any error codes? They are usually in hexadecimal form i.e. 5fc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.