• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Blue Tooth shoulder speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbelter

Are there any good and louder than pagers own speaker BT shoulder speaker which would connect to a G5 carrying the1.3 FW?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I had a BLU RSM but i sold it a few months back.
I never needed it in a loud environment so cant comment on that aspect of it but it did work well.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I bought it off from IAmSixNine. It does pair up with FW v 1.3 and works very well. Battery life on the BLU RSM is unbelievable, I can listen for over 12 hours, I turn it on a couple of hours before heading out to work and turn it off before bedtime. I work around diesel buses and while it is not louder than them, I can always clip the mike to my shirt collar, closer to my ear, and listen.

blackbelter

Is this shoulder speaker amplified like the great Klien wired shoulder speaker ? That speaker is unreal in sound clarity and loudness .

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Is this shoulder speaker amplified like the great Klien wired shoulder speaker ? That speaker is unreal in sound clarity and loudness

My question also. I don't have one (yet), but I've heard if you want anything LOUD and CLEAR the Klein wired amplified is the way to go.

Put another way, is the Blue RSM an improvement over the internal Unication audio? After the latest firmware options I personally feel that the last hurdle to perfection is LOUD audio.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Is this shoulder speaker amplified like the great Klien wired shoulder speaker ? That speaker is unreal in sound clarity and loudness .
Used to own one of those as well when I had my Uniden SDS100.
To answer your question; no, it is not as loud.
Even if I could find one that had bluetooth, I wouldn't want to wear it. That thing was really heavy and the battery endurance wasn't as good as the BLU-RSM. Plus the BLU is way, way more lighter and, like I said before, battery life is outstanding.
I guess the reason for the loudness of the Klein is the speaker size and thus, it's heaviness.

My question also. I don't have one (yet), but I've heard if you want anything LOUD and CLEAR the Klein wired amplified is the way to go.

Put another way, is the Blue RSM an improvement over the internal Unication audio? After the latest firmware options I personally feel that the last hurdle to perfection is LOUD audio.
I set the volume level on my G4 about 65%, higher than that and listening via the BLU-RSM starts to sound distorted to me, YMMV.

Nice thing about the BLU-RSM is that you can increase or lower the volume without having to reach for the pager.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I bought it off from IAmSixNine. It does pair up with FW v 1.3 and works very well. Battery life on the BLU RSM is unbelievable, I can listen for over 12 hours, I turn it on a couple of hours before heading out to work and turn it off before bedtime. I work around diesel buses and while it is not louder than them, I can always clip the mike to my shirt collar, closer to my ear, and listen.

Is the beginning of each message clipped off with this? I've been messing around with various earbuds and some definitely seem better than others in this category. I had a little generic earbud that was working fantastic... but now, out of the blue, when I pair it I don't get any RX audio what so ever (works fine when paired to other devices). No idea whats happened there.....

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Is the beginning of each message clipped off with this? I've been messing around with various earbuds and some definitely seem better than others in this category. I had a little generic earbud that was working fantastic... but now, out of the blue, when I pair it I don't get any RX audio what so ever (works fine when paired to other devices). No idea whats happened there.....

Nope.
I can only attribute that problem to the G4 finnicky BT.

Even with my BLU-RSM. It works great, however, I found I need to make certain allowances.

If I get too far away from the pager, the sounds start to break up. I've paired the BLU with my phone and it doesn't do that when I walk away the same distance.

I've also learned that, I should keep a clear path between it and the pager, otherwise, the audio starts to clip off.

Once I learned those quirks, it's very manageable and serves my purposes very well.

shadow925

but now, out of the blue, when I pair it I don't get any RX audio what so ever (works fine when paired to other devices). No idea whats happened there.....
I experienced the same thing with my Mpow M30 earbuds. Worked fine then suddenly connected but no audio. I unpaired and attempted for about an hour to repair with no success. Tried again later and was able to pair and the audio was fine again. Sadly a couple of days later I took out the right bud at a bar while chatting with the bartender and forgot it when I left.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I believe the battery for the BluRSM is not a typical interchangeable battery. It has a built in Li Ion and charges with micro sd cable.

mitbr

I believe the battery for the BluRSM is not a typical interchangeable battery. It has a built in Li Ion and charges with micro sd cable.
It says in their literature that the battery is field replaceable which makes me think its easily replaceable.
Tim :cool:

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Interesting, i never noticed that.
The one i had did not have tabs or any place like a battery door to open up. SO my guess is you have to take it apart to get to the "replaceable" battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.