• Not Sure

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my radio communications center AKA "The Station"

In the first pic is my desk and on the top shelf is my old GE Jetstream shortwave radio. Below that on the right side are my Uniden PC68XL CB radio with a KEV-27 preamp on top (along with my Simpsons mini bobblehead figures). On the shelf below that from left to right are my Uniden SMU-300K UHF GMRS radio with my Uniden BC72XLT primary back-up scannerand a cordless phone that I keep handy for relaying emergency and assistance calls. Next to that are my RadioShack 3 amp back-up power supply and my Astron RS-7A primary power supply and below them are my catalogs, magazines and phone books.On the desktop are my Astatic D104 desk mic and in front of the fire extinguisher is my RadioShack Pro 82 primary scanner.Not visible on the far left side of the desk are my Sanyo tape recorder for recording emergency and assistance calls and my RadioShack WeatherAlert weather radio.There is also a table on the left of the desk where I keep more catalogs and other paper items as well as my portable CB and FRS/GMRS radios plus a RadioShack Pro 2015 base scanner (I'll add a pic of the table later)

The next pic is my Solarcon I-MAX99 CB base antenna on a 30 foot mast behind the garage.In or around October I will replace the mast with a 40 foot pushup pole and add a scanner antenna as well as two 5 foot GMRS antennas.

The next pic is me (some of the equipment behind me in this pic is no longer part of my station). And the last pic is my REACT monitor station certificate.

I'll add some updated pics of the station including my new radio after the antenna project is done.

Last edited:

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
How standardly redneckish!! I love it!! earnhardt stickers on the station, random yellow lights, hats advertising CB antennas, crooked antennas, fire extinguishers that are readily available because you know you messed up something when doing your wiring and are just waiting for the slightest bump to move the wires enough to spark and spontaneously ignite. You could be my brother! :)

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
The photos in that thread illustrate EXACTLY why REACT is the longest-running joke in the radio world.

Here's the only shack setup that anyone in REACT would ever need:

lg-5000.jpg

"Hi, real authorities? I would like to report an accident"

REACT makes ARES respectible, and that's saying a lot

Last edited:

intrepid97

As a member of my local Amateur Radio Emergency Corp. I am not going to stoop to low levels and say derogatory things to someone who is a member of another organization.

Oh,Heterodyne,All I see is a red X lol

Last edited:
Thank You Intrepid97, unlike some other people on here you have respect for other radio operators.

And as for you Heterodyne I've met a lot of hams and there are even a couple in my radio club and for the most part they are good people but YOU are just a streight up JERK!

And to you KC0JAR my station is a vary safe and well constructed station and I'm proud to say that since I first put it together in 2002 I have never had any sort of fire or electrical problem.The fire extinguisher is just a good all around precaution and any good operator would know this.

M

mpg0515

Looks like you might be a "whacker" too?? That is no good, they are arresting a lot of people these days for that. As far as REACT, that is about the biggest joke organization, in the nation. It is almost right up there with ARES.

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

Bluegrass1dcr1 said:
What the h*ll is a "whacker"?

It is those people that drive around with those orange "whacker" lights pretending to be a cop or other emergency personnel.

For your information mpg0515 we do not pretend that we are anything! Those of us who have amber lights on our vehicles have a good reason for them. Often REACT teams assist the Red Cross by providing personal and equipment and transportation for damage assesment crews and when driving thru a disaster area (especially at night) it is best to have some sort of warning lights on and the same goes for when we are assisting the National Weather Service as SKYWARN storm spotters.True a small few REACT members may believe they are something that they are not but I DON'T and neither do any of the members of the Louisville METRO-REACT team.

M

mpg0515

REACT!!!!!! Please save me on CB Channel-9!

Bluegrass1dcr1 said:
For your information mpg0515 we do not pretend that we are anything! Those of us who have amber lights on our vehicles have a good reason for them. Often REACT teams assist the Red Cross by providing personal and equipment and transportation for damage assesment crews and when driving thru a disaster area (especially at night) it is best to have some sort of warning lights on and the same goes for when we are assisting the National Weather Service as SKYWARN storm spotters.True a small few REACT members may believe they are something that they are not but I DON'T and neither do any of the members of the Louisville METRO-REACT team.

Wow! So, dedicated to your "team"! You may think that you are doing some good to your community, when really you aren't. I wouldn't consider hanging out on CB channel 9, all day long until someone calls for help, anything special that needed a "whacker" light. I think that you better check out Hamsexy.com, I can see that you are young.... But this might be where you are headed in life if you don't watch out.

This could be you in 50 years, Ham radio badges - like being a cop, without the commitment or the need to be able to run.
Snipped directly from Hamsexy.com

Last edited:

hoser147

Bluegrass Stand your Ground there is nothing wrong with either organization and they provide services for free and alot of people who sincerely appreciate what you are doing. This is a free country and you can do as you wish as far as organizations go if it is legal. Keep your chin up and carry on with your working shack............hoser147

Thank You Hoser147 and as to your post mpg0515 Headed where? Are you talking about the poorly trained ARES team that didn't know what they were doing? If so then let me tell you that Louisville METRO-REACT is always ready to assist in whatever way possible and have done so on many occasions.

And in case you are interested since I started monitoring channel 9 in April 2005 I have anwsered and relayed over 130 calls.

Go-24

So much for respecting thy neighbor.

If you dont have anything constructive or positive to add, you should just ignore the post rather than disrespect others.

Service to your community in any capacity is commendable! Thanks Bluegrass1dcr1

M

mpg0515

Bluegrass1dcr1 said:
Thank You Hoser147 and as to your post mpg0515 Headed where? Are you talking about the poorly trained ARES team that didn't know what they were doing? If so then let me tell you that Louisville METRO-REACT is always ready to assist in whatever way possible and have done so on many occasions.

And in case you are interested since I started monitoring channel 9 in April 2005 I have anwsered and relayed over 130 calls.

130 calls, WOW!!!! How many of those turned out to be fake? I bet you don't know, because you just relay them. I can just see the dispatcher of your local E911, "oh great it is that damn kid again", "he is trying to report one of those fake accidents again"

I think that you should leave emergencies to the professionals? eh?

RESCUE4NFD

Bluegrass

In the photo it shows you with a black cap on ,How did you mount the AMBER LIGHT to it ?...................GETHERDONEEEEE.....................!

I have never reported any "fake" calls. I'm always careful to get as much information as possible and relay it accurately and if I have any doubts as to the validity of a call I relay it anyway but state my reasons for doubting it to the call taker.And as to your statement "leave emergencies to the professionals" well the professionals don't monitor ch9 any more so somebody needs to.

The majority or the calls I get are reckless/drunk driver reports or debris in the road.
and no Rescue4NFD it is not mounted to my hat it was just sitting on a shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.