Bluelfield VA PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I own a Whistler TRX2 connected by an outdoor antenna and I am not receiving Bluefield VA PD on frequency 155.535 which is NXDN and they are not encrypted. I was receiving them up until Whistler performed the last set of updates a few weeks ago. All other conventional frequencies and Trunking Systems have audio. All settings on my scanner are default. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004
anelson5004@gmail.com

anelson5004

I have 3 signal bars but no audio on Bluefield VA PD which is NXDN. They are not encrypted because an E is not appearing above the frequency and it is not making the NXDN encryption noise. I forgot to add that to my original post. I anyone can please help me, it will be greatly appreciated.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I don't know the area, but in looking at the database it looks like you have the correct frequency. Do you know if they operate on the Sheriff's Office channels? The Sheriff is listed as Nexden and encrypted.

Edit: I re-read your post. It looks like you are getting a signal from them. My explanation/ suggestion is probably not the problem.

anelson5004

I am receiving Bluefield VA PD at night without any problem, but not during the day on frequency 155.535 NXDN. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Could they have another operational frequency they use during the day and switch to this one at night? Or maybe another agency dispatches them during the day and they switch back at night?

It would be kind of opposite of how that type of thing usually works but to get it at night but not during the day seems to indicate they are somewhere else come daytime.

anelson5004

No, they do there own dispatching, and to my knowledge that is the only frequency that they have. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

See Whistler Forum for 2 audio files, so that you can hear what I am receiving. Title of thread in the Whistler Forum is Whistler TRX2 NXDN Problem.

thanks
anelson5004

Status
Not open for further replies.