SDS100/SDS200: Bluetooth Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter2

I have a new headset, like you would see in a call center. I was wondering is there way I could pair it to something, that I could place into the audio jack instead of regular headphones? If you already do this, do you have to unpair each time you receive a phone call? Thanks a lot for any insight.

Dexter2

You need a Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the scanner. The need to impair or not depends on the headset, as to whether it allows two devices to be paired and active simultaneously.

Thank you. Is there a particular one better suited for a scanner or SDS100? Also, yes I currently use it with two devices, though for calls I have to manually reconnect. I'm used to having to do that so I'm not worried if I have to do it for the radio.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
I found this on Amazon. It's BT 5.0 & can be used as a receiver or transmitter. It fits perfectly into the headphone jack on the SDS100, as well as many other scanners with top mounted headphone jacks. The size was a big selling point for me. It tucks in nicely between the rotary knob & the antenna. The listing says 4 to 5 hour battery life, but I usually get 30 to 60 minutes longer.

Dexter2

Thank you all. I just purchased and received the above Hagibis. Do you plug into the radio then hold for transmit and then pair to the headphones for recieve?

Randy_Vick

Premium Subscriber
I found this on Amazon. It's BT 5.0 & can be used as a receiver or transmitter. It fits perfectly into the headphone jack on the SDS100, as well as many other scanners with top mounted headphone jacks. The size was a big selling point for me. It tucks in nicely between the rotary knob & the antenna. The listing says 4 to 5 hour battery life, but I usually get 30 to 60 minutes longer.

Do you have any problems using it in your car, such as having to re-pair with each use?

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all. I just purchased and received the above Hagibis. Do you plug into the radio then hold for transmit and then pair to the headphones for recieve?
Yes, or you can let it connect with your headphones then plug it into the scanner. The larger button is for power/pairing. The smaller button is the switch between transmitter (blue light) or receiver (red light).

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any problems using it in your car, such as having to re-pair with each use?
I have not tried it in the car, but I have used it many times transmitting to a few different BT speakers. I have never had to re-pair it. It has always automatically re-connected to the last device used.

Dexter2

I have not tried it in the car, but I have used it many times transmitting to a few different BT speakers. I have never had to re-pair it. It has always automatically re-connected to the last device used.

Do you use the same speaker connected to your phone as well at the same time?

Dexter2

I was able to pair with my speakers and I noticed the range doesn't go as far. The speaker will shut off after a short time and I would have to reconnect in the other room. I still can't seem to get the headphone and ear pieces connected. Both flicker fast in pairing mode, but it doesn't seem to connect.

I also noticed on one system when the transmitter is inserted, I loose connection with that system and NOISE goes into a very high range. With the Police and Fire its perfect and has no issues.

Any ideas or possible tips?

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.