• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bluetooth Hearing Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I own a small landscaping business. I've been struggling for a while to make radios more useful in the field for the employees especially for the grass crews as they cannot hear the radio over a lawn mower or really any power equipment. I've tried wired headsets and speaker mics and some cheap earpieces but the wires get in the way and the cheap earpieces don't have noise canceling mics. With the new Kenwoods having Bluetooth built in it would be great to find a bluetooth headset with built in mic. I'd prefer to find one that can connect to 2 devices at once as some plantronics earpieces do but without the mic in front of your face and just on the side. I tried 3m worktones it was affordable, somewhat decent volume built in mic but only connected to 1 device and i couldnt get it to connect to an nx-5000 the radio just said failed to connect. I was hoping someone on here might know of something that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Remote PTT would be an added bonus Residential crews don't need portables to talk to eachother it would be great if they could just connect to the mobile in the truck and eliminate their portables all together.

Thanks!

prcguy

Peltor Tactical 500. I use them with various Motorola radios with a Bluetooth adapter and with a Harris hand held with built in Bluetooth and with my iPhone listening to music when I'm vacuuming or doing other loud chores. They run about $125 on sale.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Peltor Tactical 500. I use them with various Motorola radios with a Bluetooth adapter and with a Harris hand held with built in Bluetooth and with my iPhone listening to music when I'm vacuuming or doing other loud chores. They run about $125 on sale.

Thanks for the reply. I have some none bluetooth peltors for shooting ive used an adapter and used them with a speaker mic before. I love them they are great for shooting, i dont like that they require batteries though id perfer a rechargable option for the employees

Status
Not open for further replies.