• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bluetooth pairing Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
Trying to pair a G3 with a Toyota Highlander. Bluetooth is turned on, Highlander shows on pager as paired, but no sound. An ideas? Has anyone had sucess? Thanks!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I've never been able to get my G4 to pair to my 2016 4Runner. This was even before the beta firmware. Not to sound like an idiot, but how did you pair it? G4 BT on first, then turn on vehicle, or doesn't the order matter? I swear I've tried every sequence.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Order doesn’t matter. My guess is the protocol used by the Unication isn’t what the car wants (i.e. the car wants an audio player but the Unication is acting like a phone).

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Ok. Does anyone who has successfully paired have the Entune system? I do and maybe that's my difference?

wcoriston

Buff.
Feed Provider
2013 RAV4 with the non Bose system and a G3 on 1.3. Radio will pair after a couple attempts but when a signal is received my car will show the screen as if I'm in a phone call but no audio will ever pass.

jjcamilli

Premium Subscriber
Under FW1.2 I tried the following BT receivers:

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082DVD367/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J3GTRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NUTG5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was only able to get number one to work. Upgraded to FW 1.3 and the G5 will connect to number 1 but no sound and I have toggled
"BT Headset Incoming Call Notification"

Upgrade dto the beta FW1.4 no change BT still not working.

Contacted the selling dealer who told me to contact Unication. So email, FB message and voice mail to Unication and no response yet.

wcoriston

Buff.
Feed Provider
Under FW1.2 I tried the following BT receivers:

1. Amazon.com: Bluetooth Receiver Board, DROK Wireless Audio Receive Module DC 5V-35V BT 4.2 Bluetooth Decoder Electronics Music Receiver with Case for Home Car Stereo System Speaker DIY: Home Audio & Theater
  2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J3GTRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NUTG5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was only able to get number one to work. Upgraded to FW 1.3 and the G5 will connect to number 1 but no sound and I have toggled
"BT Headset Incoming Call Notification"

Upgrade dto the beta FW1.4 no change BT still not working.

Contacted the selling dealer who told me to contact Unication. So email, FB message and voice mail to Unication and no response yet.

It is just incredibly frustrating you know. I have a NX5300, Kirisun W80, and an Anysecu W2 paired to the same car and they all work flawlessly. I shouldn't have to buy a special receiver, especially when a pager costs $700.00

radio3353

I just tried this Bluetooth receiver and I could not get it to connect to either my G4 or G5 running firmware 1.3:
TaoTronics

The only Bluetooth receiver I have that works is this one. It worked even before v1.3:
Elegiant

I am glad I bought two of these because they can be hard to find. I agree that Bluetooth is a pain with the G4 and G5. And, without a headphone jack, Bluetooth is the only way (other than the charger/amp product) that one can use headphones/external speaker/automobile sound system with their pager. I really wish Unication would have included a headphone jack.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
The odd thing is the Toyota Highlander shows up on the G3 screen,and the car screen shows pager,just no sound.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
It’s because the Unication only does phone connections over Bluetooth. I have no idea why they would have implemented it that way. It really seems like a dumb idea.

CanesFan95

This is a bummer. My hope is to use it in the car, but I want the louder audio.

GregOH

Wonder if you could use a TPA3116 like at the link below and add a couple speakers. I added one of these chip amps with a sub to my home theater system and it works great.

They are 12 to 24 volt power supply (I'm using a 19v laptop brick for mine) and input is 3.5mm male to male aux cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Amplifier-DAMGOO-Technique-Password/dp/B07XG33WPN/ref=sr_1_12?crid=29RLRC74XPHP9&dchild=1&keywords=tpa3116+amplifier+board+2x50w&qid=1598801324&sprefix=tpa3116+2+,aps,198&sr=8-12

blackbelter

Same here , with 1.3 I was able to pair up and receive audio through my rental 2020 Nissan Rouge, however no such luck with my personal cars , 2019 X5 and C class Benz . They both pair up with no audio . As previously reported I was able to pair up with my Apple Air Pods Pro and Bose Q35 model 3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.