Bluetooth transmitter for homepatrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
anyone had any success using a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter on their HP-1 to pair with a car or bluetooth speakers? thanks in advance.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I haven't tried with the car speakers. However, I did do it with a couple of standalone bluetooth speakers. It "worked" but not as well as I had hoped.

1). The audio level is kinda low since it's a headphone jack.

2). Because of #1, you have to crank up the volume on the HP-1, then you get a very irritating hiss after every transmission. It only lasts a couple seconds or so, right after the transmission before the BT speaker shuts audio back off.

It (mine) does this with any amplified speaker. Whether I use BT or an AUX cord.

Jeff.

As a side note, the bluetooth speakers work great with my 396xt. I had to drop the volume level (of the 396) down somewhere below half-way or it audio gets distorted.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
A better option would be using the audio input in your vehicle. This is the thing you would use to plug in an iPod etc. Just purchase a male/male headphone cord and you save yourself from $80 purchasing a transmitter that is not all that great.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
A better option would be using the audio input in your vehicle. This is the thing you would use to plug in an iPod etc. Just purchase a male/male headphone cord and you save yourself from $80 purchasing a transmitter that is not all that great.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a scanner to be made with Bluetooth capability that can be paired with a car? My car does not have an Aux port or CD player since it is new (I guess no one uses those technologies anymore) and it is very frustrating trying to drive around and attempt to listen to my BCD325P2. The built in speaker is simply nowhere near loud enough, especially in summer when the windows are down.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there are any plans for a scanner to be made with Bluetooth capability that can be paired with a car? My car does not have an Aux port or CD player since it is new (I guess no one uses those technologies anymore) and it is very frustrating trying to drive around and attempt to listen to my BCD325P2. The built in speaker is simply nowhere near loud enough, especially in summer when the windows are down.

My 2018 Jeep has USB, USB-C, an AUX audio jack and BT inputs (but no CD - who uses CDs anymore when you can rip your entire collection to a USB stick.) :)

As far as using the AUX audio input, it works great with the SDS100 - but then I can't listen to XM, iPhone, Podcasts or broadcast radio - a dealbreaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.