Bluffdale Police (Salt Lake County, Utah

N7YUO

Does anyone local know the callsigns for Bluffdale Police?
This is a local news story concerning Bluffdale Police:
Assault suspect killed in officer-involved shooting at apartment complex in Bluffdale | KUTV
_
There was another recent news story involving Bluffdale Police, but I cannot find it on the web.
A car equipped with On-Star was taken from Bluffdale by a teen. The Police followed it north to
Brigham City. At that time, On-Star shut down the vehicle and Bluffdale Police took the driver into custody.
_
Anyways, there is no known talk group ID for Bluffdale PD.
_
A spokesperson with Saratoga Springs who provides police services to Bluffdale, confirmed that the shooting involved an officer.
Vehicles marked Bluffdale Police and Saratoga Springs Police can be seen in photos from different local tv news.
_
So, that is all of the clues I have. I'm sure some of us can come up with some identification for Bluffdale PD.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
I believe they use the “I” (India) callsigns

Junior1970

Bluffdale units are actually Saratoga Springs PD contracted to Bluffdale. They dispatch from Central Utah 911 on Utah County Law 1 (46112) using India callsigns when in Bluffdale and 26J when they work Saratoga.

I have heard units check 10-42 as India unit and check 10-41 as 26J Saratoga units in the past when staffing is tight.

N7YUO

The recent news stories mentioned that Saratoga Springs is contracted to patrol Bluffdale.
But in those pictures, I could clearly see vehicles marked Saratoga Springs and Bluffdale.
Just to be clear, they only use India call signs and not 18-India (state assigned call sign for Bluffdale)

Junior1970

Despite Saratoga being the parent agency the Bluffdale units have their own marked vehicles as "Bluffdale Police" and go by just "India: when dispatched.