Bnc antenna & 106

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Need input on this ,I found this add for " Diamond Antenna Dual Band HT 15'' receives up to 900mhz ''
is this better than the 800 MHz antenna ?

reconrider8

model number? if its the RH77CA then yes it will "recieve" 900 BUT you want have any kind of "performance" on it you will have to be near a strong signal source to recieve

R

retiredmich

yes it is the RH77CA. But if you said I have to be near a strong signal source to receive, then this wont work on top of my truck when I'm traveling around ?

R

retiredmich

I have a magnet mount for bnc, but will this antenna work while I am roaming around in my PU?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a magnet mount for bnc, but will this antenna work while I am roaming around in my PU?
The RH77CA is a good antenna for Vhf-high, and Uhf. It works "ok" for the 700/800MHz trunked systems with strong signals, but a better antenna for those is the Radio Shack 800MHz antenna.

When I make a trip out of the immediate area, and want to use an external antenna, instead of just the whip on a handheld sitting in a cup holder in the console, I use this mag mount antenna. I get good reception of both the Vhf & Uhf systems, as well as the 700/800MHz trunked systems. Are there better antenna available? Sure, but this does what I want, at a good price. Same antenna at ScannerMaster.

teufler

For the price, this is tough to beat. Scanner Antennas
I have used the Sprectrum Force antenna and the bottom of this listing. $19,95 with coax and fitting. Mag mt and small and compact. Not as good as the Austin Sprectre, but 8 or 9 of these for the price of one austin, plus the coax and mt desired.,

Status
Not open for further replies.