BNC M to BNC F

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

Where can I buy this adapter BNC male to BNC female to install on my PRO-106? I'm changing my attenna from base to mobile antenna and afaird to break of the orignal bnc.

SCPD

QRT
Homebrew

Where can I buy this adapter BNC male to BNC female to install on my PRO-106? I'm changing my attenna from base to mobile antenna and afaird to break of the orignal bnc.

I don't think you will find one. You're going to have to make one out of a short piece of coax, with a male on each end, and a F-F barrel connector.

Think about it, why would anyone make a connector with one end male and one end female?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I don't think you will find one. You're going to have to make one out of a short piece of coax, with a male on each end, and a F-F barrel connector.

Think about it, why would anyone make a connector with one end male and one end female?

No kidding. Sounds about as useful as a DVD rewinder.

It WOULD be fun to send someone on a wild goose chase for such an item though. I think I'll suggest this adapter next time someone asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday. ;)

-AZ

Jakemcgraw

] www.therfc.com would carry these adapters,,ive used them on my handhelds, so as not to worry about wearing out the radio bnc when frequently changing antennas....much cheaper to replace a few dollar adapter.

Last edited:

N8IAA

It WOULD be fun to send someone on a wild goose chase for such an item though. I think I'll suggest this adapter next time someone asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday. ;)

-AZ

OOOPPPPS! There is such a connector:) I use right angle BNC female to BNC male all the time on my scanners.
Larry

al95

I have one BNC male to a sma female connector. My second connector is SMA male to BNC Female. If I install the sma connector to top of the sma female would this work. What would be my signal lost using this connectors. Please see video. YouTube - Video 3

Jakemcgraw

I have one BNC male to a sma female connector. My second connector is SMA male to BNC Female. If I install the sma connector to top of the sma female would this work. What would be my signal lost using this connectors. Please see video. YouTube - Video 3

Yes that would work, but will be alot more lossy on the signal , than when using just one adapter. The attached pic is what you need,,these are the ones i use on my handhelds.

Attachments

• !BPJiC1!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBJyOzm5K0!~~_35.jpg
    !BPJiC1!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBJyOzm5K0!~~_35.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 256

al95

Yes that would work, but will be alot more lossy on the signal , than when using just one adapter. The attached pic is what you need,,these are the ones i use on my handhelds.

Where can I find some of this connectors? I have look on the web page and cannot see that adapter.

Jakemcgraw

Where can I find some of this connectors? I have look on the web page and cannot see that adapter.
Heres an ebay auction #390110505025 for the bnc male to bnc female adapter..there is more sellers on ebay, but you have to search their pages a bit more.

ltjweiss

-AZ

i wounder when there are going to start making those dvd rewinders

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

BNC M-F adapters are great to use where the user is connecting and disconnecting cables a lot of the time. This way, the user just needs to replace the adapter when it wears out and not the connector on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.