bnc male right angle to sma female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff2013

I googled but I am not seeing quality options. Please advise if there are. Thanks.

I have a SDS200.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Don't see anything from my go to suppliers either.

Is this so you can connect a handheld style antenna directly to the back of your scanner?

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Then you may have to stack two adapters to accomplish what you are looking for. If you were connecting to a longer coax cable I would have suggested a short coax jumper with the connectors you need.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I googled but I am not seeing quality options. Please advise if there are. Thanks.

I have a SDS200.
The SDS200 has a BNC connector, not an SMA. I would simply use a BNC right angle adapter.

For my HP-1 & HP-2, which are SMA, I use the SMA to BNC adapter that came with them, then a BNC right angle.
This is an SMA Male, which would connect to the HP series, with a right angle to BNC female.

Last edited:

Mastiff2013

The SDS200 has a BNC connector, not an SMA. I would simply use a BNC right angle adapter.

For my HP-1 & HP-2, which are SMA, I use the SMA to BNC adapter that came with them, then a BNC right angle.
This is an SMA Male, which would connect to the HP series, with a right angle to BNC female.

Thanks. My anttena has a male connector so I need a bnc male right angle toangle to sma female.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. My anttena has a male connector so I need a bnc male right angle toangle to sma female.
Ah

You have one or more SMA antennas, from a portable, that you'd like to use on your SDS200.

I did try searching that way (as you probably did), but did not find a "one piece" solution. The closest I found was a BNC Male to SMA Female (straight adapter) then a SMA Male to (right angle) SMA female.

Mastiff2013

Ah

You have one or more SMA antennas, from a portable, that you'd like to use on your SDS200.

I did try searching that way (as you probably did), but did not find a "one piece" solution. The closest I found was a BNC Male to SMA Female (straight adapter) then a SMA Male to (right angle) SMA female.
Thanks but isn't the link to a coaxiel not bnc?

wtp

Amazon.com: Maxmoral BNC Male to SMA Female Plug RF Coaxial Adapter Connector 2PCS: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: Maxmoral BNC Male to SMA Female Plug RF Coaxial Adapter Connector 2PCS: Computers & Accessories
www.amazon.com

so...
radio BNC female
first connector, 90 degree BNC male to female.
second connector, BNC male to SMA female
antenna, SMA male

this would look like the simplest solution.
you can never have too many connectors in your collection.
i use a peanut butter jar just for BNC's.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.