Boardman PD Blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

Has anyone else noticed Boardman PD Ch 1 @ 155.490 (sorry no pl,old school scanners)

Has been in the last month or so, but going private,and toning out sound and all you get is pure static.

I guess just FYI for anyone in the listening area.

Youngstown PD ch 1@ 158.730 does the same, but the responding officer
relays to the dispatch to "disengage' and the voices disappear,but you hear nothing, but Boardman you here solid squelch.

16b

Premium Subscriber
digitalanalog said:
Youngstown PD ch 1@ 158.730 does the same, but the responding officer
relays to the dispatch to "disengage' and the voices disappear,but you hear nothing,

This likely refers to disengaging the repeater, which is why you don't hear any noise at all. It allows the officer to talk to the dispatcher without going over the repeater and being heard by everyone else. If you listen to the input to the repeater when this happens you will hear the officer if you are close enough.

N8IAA

I agree with 16b. Plug in the repeater inputs into the scanner and see if you can hear them. Are you using an outside antenna, or, just a back of the set antenna? An on radio antenna limits how well you will receive simplex signals.
Larry

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Boardman PD does not use repeater disengaging, Youngstown does though.

The squelch he hears is digtal encryption. They use it frequently.

digitalanalog

Yes, i am aware or all that is happening, i was just wondering if anyone else was monitoring and noticed as well, Younstown has been disengaging their repeater for a long time, but Boardman just started the encryption within the last month or so.

I have put the repeater input freq in, but i live rural and i can't here it.
Out side antenna's plenty of them as well i also live in a very low lying area.

I am working on some new antenna's that hopefully maybe able to pick up distant
signals better.

W8YSU

Boardman has been going coded for about 15 years now.....They started it when they opened their new station and put new equipment in the dispatch center.

W8YSU

Status
Not open for further replies.