Boaz city PD and FD freqs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecryar

I had read a while back in a news article, that they were approved for upgrading, and from what I read they will be going digital. Anyone have any info? The last 2 days now, their regular freqs have been quiet. I live not 2 miles from the station(s), and able to pick up everyone else. The article I read never stated WHEN they would be upgrading officially. If anyone has any insight as to whether they have changed over or if it's just a quiet time lately, please let me know, so I can plan to upgrade my equipment, too.

DARRELL

Premium Subscriber
Boaz PD and FD will be operating on the Gadsden/Etowah P25 system. They will be encrypted like the other agencies on that system.

joecryar

I had kinda figured it would be p25, so just like Albertville City, then. But just to be sure, since I'm still learning all the new tech, you say encrypted, but I can still monitor with the appropriate radio, correct? I just want to make sure before I invest again, last time I did, I lost 400+ due to personal BS, won't this time, but it's still a big investment. I just know they are still quiet on old freq's, so it may be safe to assume that they did the changeover.

joecryar

ugh, nevermind, just answered my own question, sort of, by finding a few threads on here. I will keep looking to see if they are in fact, encrypted, and try to make an informed decision then. I know that Albertville is P25 and with a new(er) scanner, i can monitor. I live in Boaz and have enjoyed monitoring for years now. This will suck if i can no longer listen to them.

joecryar

I did find it in the list, just not sure if i'll be able to hear them or not. I was able to hear quite a bit from different areas when i had my w1080, but if i can't hear my own town's traffic, it probably just won't be worth it to me to upgrade.

Dwhitt301

I heard Boaz fire get toned out on their uhf frequency the other day. I did confirm with a Boaz police officer that they have switched to digital on their handsets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

joecryar

Dwhitt301, I figured they were going digital when they announced the approval for upgrading, which they needed badly at that point (you couldn't hear dispatch half the time, or only half of what they said), my problem is whether or not they are encrypted for certain. If they aren't, then i'll upgrade my scanner, if they are 100% sure encrypted, then I don't see a reason around here to upgrade, since I won't be able to hear them even with a digital capable scanner.

joecryar

thanks. It sucks, but i guess i can concentrate on the rest of the freq's that i CAN listen to around me, may still upgrade later to monitor Albertville and several others. Just won't do it as quickly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.