Boca Grande Fire department

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller818

We visit the island every year and I have seen their fire department but I have not found any reference to them in the database.

I would imagine they have access to the Charlotte County TRS but do they have their own talkgroup? Do they use a conventional system? Are they dispatched by Charlotte county? Anyone know the deal with them?

rmiller818

Interesting, thanks for the links.

I guess I assumed it was a part of Charlotte county, since to get there from Lee county you would have to travel all the way around Charlotte harbor to get to it.

Guess those 2 frequencies they use for a repeater. Would make sense to have access to the Lee trunk system though.

One thing I noticed on that first link you listed was it said Lee county has 8 sites, yet the RR database only shows 3, wonder where the others are.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I think Lee Co has 3 800 mhz trunked systems... on 8 tower sites? I also found a mention on the Charlotte Co rebanding document that lists Boca as a mutual aid FD.

rmiller818

I think Lee Co has 3 800 mhz trunked systems... on 8 tower sites? I also found a mention on the Charlotte Co rebanding document that lists Boca as a mutual aid FD.

Sounds odd and confusing to me. Have to check into it next time I am down there.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Somebody can correct me... bit I think one is Lee Co public safety, another is just the city of Fort Myers... and I think the schools are on the 3rd?

firemaned

Boca Grande FD

Back in 1999 when Boca Grande FD became a paid career FD they were dispatched by Lee Control for a few months, there was some trouble with their 911 calls coming into Charlotte County's 911 and then being rerouted to Lee Control. They switched and had Charlotte County Fire EMS dispatch them until 2005. They are currently dispatched by Lee Control again.

rmiller818

Back in 1999 when Boca Grande FD became a paid career FD they were dispatched by Lee Control for a few months, there was some trouble with their 911 calls coming into Charlotte County's 911 and then being rerouted to Lee Control. They switched and had Charlotte County Fire EMS dispatch them until 2005. They are currently dispatched by Lee Control again.

On the Lee county system? Or on their own frequency.

Thanks for some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.