Boefang UV5RE for Cleveland PD Frequencies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceNation24

I'm looking into getting this Boefang UV5R-e for stupid cheap. My question is will it pick up Cleveland PD Frequencies. I'm sorry as I am pretty new to the whole radio world, and would love to know more! Also if anyone knows the frequencies that would be epic and greatly appreciated 😁

CPD

i also live in Parma you need a good Digital Scanner to monitor CPD even Parma Ebay has many of them depends if your wanting a BASE or pocket scanner???

DeuceNation24

So what models do you guys recommend? Not trying to be all fancy about it, just something simple to listen in. On my way to /from work in my car.

Nasby

Also do a check of Craigslist for digital scanners. Sometimes you can find them already programmed.

if you buy from craigslist make sure you know it works and maybe ask someone about the scanner before buying my self i would NOT buy one on craigslist

Nasby

if you buy from craigslist make sure you know it works and maybe ask someone about the scanner before buying my self i would NOT buy one on craigslist

You wouldn't buy a working scanner from someone on Craigslist where they are sometimes half the price of a new one?

I can see the logic there.

Seems like a face to face deal on Craiglsist would be a better option than your suggestion of the expensive Ebay scanners.

I've seen both the scanners you mentioned go for HALF that price on Craigslist.

Just sayin'

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So what models do you guys recommend? Not trying to be all fancy about it, just something simple to listen in. On my way to /from work in my car.

All of these will handle MARCS, Cleveland and Parma. Pretty sure I got all of them.

GRE:
PSR-500, PSR-600, PSR-800
Radio Shack:
Pro-106, Pro-197, Pro-651, Pro-652, Pro-668, Pro-18
Uniden:
BC296D, BC796D, BCD396T, BCD996T, BCD996XT,BCD396XT, HomePatrol-1, BCD325P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996P2, HomePatrol-2
Whistler:
WS1040, WS1065, WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098, TRX-1, TRX-2

Newer models (those with higher model numbers) will generally work better in your area than the older models. For a reasonable trade-off between cost and decent performance I'd suggest the WS1080 or the BCD325P2. If cost is not a concern, the TRX-1 or BCD436HP would do the trick.

I'm looking into getting this Boefang UV5R-e for stupid cheap. My question is will it pick up Cleveland PD Frequencies. I'm sorry as I am pretty new to the whole radio world, and would love to know more! Also if anyone knows the frequencies that would be epic and greatly appreciated 😁

Why don't you just GOOGLE "Broadcastify". You can listen to a number of police departments there on your
iPad or Smartphone. This includes the CPD.

cmdrwill

Why don't you just GOOGLE "Broadcastify". You can listen to a number of police departments there on your
iPad or Smartphone. This includes the CPD.

But, that IS not a scanner......

And some of the audio is so terrible and I would rather listen to a ratty old scanner....

Status
Not open for further replies.