Boerne, TX/Kendall County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
You should have all the frequencies for the site. All you need should be the control channels and the alt control channels. That is all the radios need for p25 systems.

Don

ajfan1999

I have now found that Boerne is operating on Site 122. I entered CC 770.16875 and I am picking up BPD, KCSO, FIRE and EMS.

Last edited:

NC5267

Awesome, once you find a site that an agency uses as their "home" site you are good to go from there. Such as New Branunfels will have the NB site programmed as their home site and agencies in the Live Oak area will have the LO site as their home. Any of these agencies can show up on any of the other sites on the system at anytime. Just depends on what site they are near when they are on a given channel, there radios roam the system to find the strongest control channel. I have picked up KCSO dispatch and EMS on the Live Oak, Comal and New Braunfels sites on and off.

It is also to a good idea to program in all of the freqs. for a site, sometimes a control channel will switch to a different one from time to time.

Last edited:

ajfan1999

Does anyone in Boerne/Kendall County have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner? Trying to find the best P25 Adjust mode & Adjust level setting.

ajfan1999

It could possibly be the same levels as the 396XT.

Do you have signal strength issues at times? I have found the Kendall County (020) site to be the strongest. My bars usually stay at 5 but at times it jumps back and forth sometimes goes down to no bars then back up to 5.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Yes I do. It's happening today. Signal strength varies from two to five without moving the scanner. I cannot get any other sites from my location so I don't know if it is a site issue or what.

NC5267

Speaking with a deputy from Kendall County he said even their radios have dead spots. Some areas he could be standing next to another deputy who is reviving radio traffic and he is getting nothing on his radio . Digital signals can be like that, sometimes just moving over a little can be the difference between a garbled signal and a clear one.

He also said the Boerne officers usually don't have any problems. Makes sense since they are right around the Boerne site.

otter9309

This could also be desensitivity issues. Harris is notorious for this. When multiple radios are in close proximity to one another, it will cause others to miss traffic. EP teams and fire experience this the most.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
What would it take to turn the patrol vehicle into a "Mini repeater"? Meaning the patrol vehicle receives signals from the tower and rebroadcast it at a lower wattage so the handhelds get better reception within a certain area around the patrol vehicle??

nd5y

Last edited:

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Ask and ye shall receive!!!! Would be nice if all departments who work far form the towers could have this.

jim202

Most of the DVRS units I have seen and played with from Motorola are way over priced and a pain to program the mobile radio to play with. If Motorola comes out with a new radio firmware upgrade, it normally screws up the operation of the DVRS and you have to wait for a software upgrade for the DVRS. Talk about chasing your tale. Not what what I would call a good match in radio land. Plus the DVRS cost almost twice what the Motorola radio it is connected to. Again, not what I would call a good match.

Jim

NC5267

Plus this system owned by the LCRA and all the users are leasing airtime on it. The LCRA would have to do something like that and individual agencies would have to pay for it. I don't see a lot of these agencies having the funds to equip every patrol car or even ever other one. Being that it is P25 now you can use whatever radios your want. Schertz and New Braunfels have elected to use Motorola APX portables and mobiles. Majority are using Harris radios including Kendall and Boerne. It is more of a terrain issue than a system issue. Even in the old 900 mhz analog days hill country users would still have some coverage issues.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Yes I do. It's happening today. Signal strength varies from two to five without moving the scanner. I cannot get any other sites from my location so I don't know if it is a site issue or what.

I still use an older PSR-500, and it misses a lot of transmissions from this system when I turn it on to listen to BFD or BPD. It is more than likely my location in the outskirts and creek bottom that cause that though, since I only get 1 or 2 bars LTE with AT&T in the house.

ajfan1999

Does anyone have signal issues with the Kendall County sites especially on very windy days, my signal bars jump down from 5 to sometimes nothing for a second or two then back to 5 bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.