Bogalusa, LA HAM repeater info wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

I have searched the Internet to no avail. I know there is a 147.165 ham repeater in the area of Bogalusa, LA and have heard it. However, I have never been able to use that repeater. Have also never been able to originate a direct communications with anyone using that repeater.

Does anyone have the information on the input frequency of this repeater if it is not standard and what CTCSS is being used on this repeater.

Thanks.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Jim I have always talked on 145.43 with the input of 144.830 and a pl of 107.2 in the Bogalusa and Washington Parish Area.

k2hat

Try asking AE5O if he is still the Trustee

Hello, jim202; What is your Call Sign?

Angie Bogalusa 147.165/+ AE5O

Try asking AE5O if he is still the Trustee of the repeater.

73 K2HAT Lee

jim202

Jim I have always talked on 145.43 with the input of 144.830 and a pl of 107.2 in the Bogalusa and Washington Parish Area.

Thanks for the info on this repeater. I find it hard to obtain current information of what repeaters are active in a selected location. Many repeaters might be listed, but the required tone to key them is missing. The other bad part of any list or database is that it is only as good as the info supplied to it. As a result, probably 50% of the listed repeaters in most databases are either not on the air or using a tone to get into them that isn't listed.

I do extensive travel around the country and try to make contacts as I go. Problem is the repeaters I have info on I either can't key because I am missing the tone information, or they don't exist. If people would just contact the owner of these databases and supply current info, we could have a much more current listing. In my travels, I meet many people and visit 911 dispatch centers as I go. My work in the radio interoperability field provides meeting many interesting people in the public safety and federal government agencies.

Jim

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I may gown to Bogalusa area at the wrong times of times of the year. But I have not yet heard anything on the 147.165. But will put in the radio and see if I can get anyone to repond .​

Status
Not open for further replies.