Boise Area Gone Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonstokes

Premium Subscriber
I purchased an SCS-200 a few weeks back and began scanning in the Boise area (Ada County, Canyon County, Boise City, etc.). Traffic was moderate but in the last few days, I have noticed that all has gone quiet and I am only getting fragmented transmissions. I thought that is might be an antenna problem (I'm still using the stock telescoping antenna) but now that I hear that ISP has encrypted, I have become worried that the whole ICAWIN network has followed suit. If so, I am very bummed as I just invested in $700+ in a SDS-200 that has become somewhat useless. I need someone to advise if they are aware of what's going on in Idaho so I can make a decision on the radio.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
John had commented previously that Dist 3 dispatch is still not encrypted but other ISP TGs are encrypted as well as all of SW Idaho Law TGs being encrypted. Fire and EMS are generally not encrypted.

Last edited:

jasonk

Feed Provider
Noticed Ada County Fire seemed awful quiet since June 1st - looks like all Fire Dispatch is now on the TG labeled EMS Dispatch. Not sure if this is permanent or temporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.