Bolo on emergency channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

2:15 pm, est, a bolo went out from the Rockingham county sheriff's department in 46.580 pl 156.7..
they have been testing on that freq a lot lately...
will this be a new area net???

DannyM86

Premium Subscriber
Believe it's a NH dept of Homeland Security and EMA channel. Rock Co dispatch may have had a multi channel select turned on.

mainetrunk

I think it's a new tie... After the communication network I have seen put together, I have no doubt it will be used in real threatening emergencies..

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
That is NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management's Low-Band primary channel. It has been in service for a few decades. The more likely scenario is they were previously doing something on it and key'ed up by mistake or was trying out a multi-select or something.

mainetrunk

I repeat, they have been testing the hell out of that freq since last summer... They don't test a freq to accidentally use it...
just facts now-----
Police depts have been sending cops many miles for unknown training..
46.580 has been tested from various locations, many times.
we are also in a modern day plague.
those facts tell me,,,,,,, things are changing..
So, ties change too... Time will tell.
my guess, New tie

wizardofid

Mainetrunk... could they just be testing the frequency (45.580) for maximum transmitting distance, from base to mobile unit, since there is likely no repeater in use on that frequency?

I recall when my old Agency was on low band, (45.460) in the 1960-80's, during periods of skip we could talk from Lynn, Massachusetts to an Agency on the same frequency in the State of Georgia. We would also receive a prison on the same frequency (from another State)... but I don't recall where that was located.

mainetrunk

At the risk of going off subject, I will now give an example... Mind you, after years of signal chasing, and monitoring old towers, and cross talk, I say this..
After hearing the Massachusetts " bapern " net, I posted, why doesn't Maine get 1 of those.. The responses were,,, not my choice.. Ok. So, Maine decides to do a commnet.. Instantly 1 of their old freqs came to life, with ties... It was the prison transport system.. Ok.... Now, the commnet is up, and analog ties for town dispatches to hear.. 1 of them suddenly dies.. I listen, and wait.. Then, key ups.. Then, out of nowhere a major test is done on it.. Dispatches from all over the state, and fbi checked in... Now, the channel is dead.. Waiting for someone to use it..
So, it is with that, I think it's a tie..
Fact, they tested moocho times from various locations.
Fact, a bolo went out on it.
Fact, it is quiet now...
Waiting.

I have been wrong in life about things, but this 1 I believe..
Remember, they always key up when you least expect it

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
OK I’ll bite…

mainetrunk, keep guessing. How many BOLO’s have you heard? How many operations have you heard? Cops? Firefighters?

It is the NH Homeland Security & Emergency Management's Low-Band system. Period. As you said previously, just facts now-----

There is one other user on the system. The NH Department of Environmental Services has a select number of units there.

As far as a tie. It’s in the Rock County Sheriff’s consoles and can be “tied” or more appropriately called, “Patched” to anything in their console. That includes RCSO, Seacoast Fire, and much more. They also can “Multi-Select” several channels and talk on them all at once. RCSO does it frequently.

As far as testing. They test it regularly and have for years. They used to more a few years ago when the Seabrook Network was more robust. They would do drills for an entire day once or twice a year. NH HSEM has been developing a newer system and that itself may end up or is already “tied” to the Low-Band. Also, many, if not most EOC’s in NH have some level of access to the system. Many are in dispatch consoles as well with the same features RCSO has.

As far as BAPERN and the question of WHY? We already have the H-Zone and it contains the “LP” channels. Every public safety radio in NH has it. Now on to “WHO” benefits from a tie of any form to Low-Band. HSEM could if they needed to communicate with a local unit. But that’s it and they have High-Band too. No one else in NH uses Low-Band to a systemic level and the primary vendor for radios in the state (Moto) doesn’t have Low-Band capability for their multi-band radios. And I haven’t seen Low-Band antennas on anything but HSEM and DES vehicles.

Now for the human aspect. Have you heard Capital Area Mutual Aid dispatch a call on Lakes Region and thought, “change is afoot”. Capital Area must be moving to Lakes and/or tying in? Probably not, but it’s happened. Entire dispatches for Concord on Lakes Region Channel-1. Know it for a fact. To put a single BOLO out, one time on a unique channel is interesting, yes. But hardly a reason to run with a complete radio system buildout idea.

mainetrunk

Let a make a deal...
If I hear anything else on that freq that is law related, I'm gonna mention it... Continuously.
But, if it goes dead, I'll be the 1st to admit I jumped the gun..
From today to October....
Side note - another low band freq came to life yesterday, unrelated to regular law enforcement....
It called Portsmouth, with no response

jmfirefighter

To dispel the rumors.....

As the guy who is definitely in the know on radio matters in NH, exactly what jmarcrl66 said is the truth. Rockingham County accidentally multiselected the NH OEM Low Band when they did their BOLO on East and West. I personally immediately called them to let them know of the mistake and they corrected their muliselect.

There is no conspiracy. The NHOEM Low Band is tested with the Seabrook Station EPZ towns on a regular basis. In previous years the tests were conducted on LTE devices using WAVE. Recently there has been a change in administration and tests on Low Band have resumed as they used to.

mainetrunk

Ok, you win..... Why wait? I jumped the gun. I thought it would end up being like BAPERN in Massachusetts... Ok.. I was wrong.. And apologize for it

Status
Not open for further replies.