Bomb squad, SWAT team dispatched to Colo. school

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGroves

I'm listening on Colorado DTRS TG 1411. That's the Jeffco S Tac channel. They have units right outside the window that the students are being held in. From what I gather there are three individuals including the suspect in the room. Bomb squad is 10 minutes from being ready. I can't find my cable to hook it up to my computer or I would broadcast it. Sorry! They are negotiating with him right now.

DGroves

The SWAT guys think he's trying to get out of the room through ceiling tiles. They can no longer see him in the room.

Someone here on the west slope (radio ID #19804) is affiliated on TG 1411 on the Grand Mesa site, so I am actually hearing it here in Grand Junction.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
DGroves said:
The SWAT guys think he's trying to get out of the room through ceiling tiles. They can no longer see him in the room.

Is that something that should be published on an open forum during an incident? Many schools in my area have Internet access, I wouldn't be surprised if it was available there too... Probably not something the perp is monitoring, but it makes no sense to post these sorts of update.

DGroves

Then delete them. I seriously doubt that he is sitting there typing on the internet, but whatever makes you feel better.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your out of state efforts please check colorado incidents and alerts section for an extensive discussion thread and online feeds.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
From the "sticky" on the Incidents and Alerts" section (that you haven't found yet):
"In an effort to protect Public Safety personnel, DO NOT post details about an ongoing SWAT incident in progress.

Details include frequencies, talk groups, exact address, officer movements, and another other information that might put an officers safety at risk.

Doing so is a perfect example of why many cities have taken Police traffic and especially SWAT incidents digital and or encrypted.

At the conclusion of the event, it is ok to post any news from the situation."

They're there for a reason.

DGroves

So we'll just listen to the live feed. Thanks. The logic used is enough to make a person roll on the ground laughing, but thank you for trying to feel important and reading the rules for us. Keep on keepin us all in line. lmao

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Usually you don't need to requote rules, it's usually kids that can't figure things out on their own and need to be reminded. No big deal.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The point is, DGroves...
Regardless of what the authorities choose to do with thier radio systems, is their business. But, if something goes wrong, there will be something regarding the information being posted here, or on pagers by "scanner owners". Right or wrong thats the nature of things.
The rules were posted by the admin of RR...you're using the RR site, and you agreeed when you signed up to abide by the rules.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
ColoradoRedlands said:
Someone here on the west slope (radio ID #19804) is affiliated on TG 1411 on the Grand Mesa site, so I am actually hearing it here in Grand Junction.

Maybe ATF??? Neat though

Or a Sheriff officer on vaca. :lol:

So when this happens the repeaters actually sends the conversation all the way to that repeater?

Last edited:

tracker1

SE Techs inhibited multiple radios

The CSP Statewide TG was used for much of the CSP response to Bailey. Apparently many, other state users were enabling the TG to listen in even they were not responders.

The South East techs were busy inhibiting multiple radios that enabled that TG on south eastern towers.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
tracker1 said:
The CSP Statewide TG was used for much of the CSP response to Bailey. Apparently many, other state users were enabling the TG to listen in even they were not responders.

The South East techs were busy inhibiting multiple radios that enabled that TG on south eastern towers.

And the CSP response was super interesting to listen too all related to road blocks, highway closure and folks that were trying to walk past the road closures on foot. Snooze

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
tracker1 said:
Isn't that a bit extreme inhibiting (over the air kill) radios that were on a statewide TG? There will be some very pissed DTRS users if this is in fact the case.

Having the ZC rejecting requests for that TG on distant towers makes more sense.

Phil.

poltergeisty said:
Maybe ATF??? Neat though

Or a Sheriff officer on vaca. :lol:

So when this happens the repeaters actually sends the conversation all the way to that repeater?

Yes, whatever talkgroup is selected comes in great here as if I was over there. Whoever's radio it was changed the TG channels occasionally to Jeffco Dispatch and others, but mainly stayed on the South Tac channel.

This happens fairly often over here. You can never predict what youll hear. Yesterday it was Douglas SO on a different radio. Sometimes just small city PD's on the front range, or CSP in the 1, 2, 3 or 6 districts.

I have heard the units affiliated over here once in a while tell their dispatcher that they have arrived or are leaving Mesa Co Jail on a prisoner transport, but I think some of these front range radios are people over hear for some kind of conference or training just listening in on the happenings back home. The only problem is that it does tie up the Grand Mesa DTRS site which only has 3 voice channels on it and occasionally causes local CSP units to be put in queue for an open channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.