Boone County NXDN New Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Thank you so much! I have been waiting years for an NXDN feed to be up! Thanks for your work!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Just wanted to post an update to this since the feed has been down a couple days. I am NOT dropping the feed, I have had some equipment damage from bad power and waiting for replacement parts to get back on the air. Can't give a firm ETA but it will be soon, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
After WAY too long, the Boone county feed is back on the air. New radio, new antenna, new computer. Hopefully this one doesn't get smoked.

Thanks for your patience.

frazpo

Setup?

What is your setup for the NXDN feed? I am running a personal feed with an old XP box running DSD+ fed to a Raspberry Pi running Darkice/Icecast. Sounds great.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
The feed right now is run off of a GE Orion VHF radio, tapped to a iMic USB sound adapter, from there it goes into my stream PC which is a Core2 Quad. DSD+ and VAC into the stream software. Haven't bothered to update to the latest DSD+, this one seems to do OK as is.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Another update to this feed.

I have procured a Kenwood NX-700 radio that I will be installing to serve this feed. It is an actual NXDN radio and will be able to scan all the towers as well as include the few analog channels on Boone Co. This will replace the software-based solution it has now.

Please let me know if anything sounds off and, of course, recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.