Boone/Morgan Co. and IDPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron141

Premium Subscriber
First off, I am running a Uniden BCD996P2 with a Remtronix 800 antenna. I am located on the south side of Brownsburg. Last night I eagerly programmed in the Boone County and IDPS S1 (IFD.IEMS) only. No traffic. Nothing. Dead. I get "Finding Control Channel" flashing on the screen. However, for Boone Co, my Minitor IV pager alerts just fine for runs. That same pager and an additional old school portable radio alert absolutely fine for Morgan County. But for the life of me I can't "Find a control channel" on Morgan County, Boone County, or IDPS S1. Morgan County I used the "Mooresville Channels" as my Site. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on where I could possibly be going wrong? At this point I feel like I bought a very expensive paper weight.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If you are in the Brownsburg area, you should be programming your scanner for the Hendricks Simulcast site as they are closest to you. You may be able to pick up the sites in Boone County or Mooresville, but they are further away from you than the Hendricks sites. For that matter, one of the Hendricks Simulcast sites is on the southeast side of Brownsburg south and east of Hornaday Road and Airport Road.

Since Boone and Morgan Counties are close, it's not unusual to hear their talkgroups on the Hendricks site.

IDPS is a different story. The closest sites are at 79th and Lafayette Road and the north side Butler University. IDPS is notoriously hard to receive due to the simulcast problems that consumer grade scanners struggle with. I hear IDPS in Brownsburg just fine on an APX7000 and a Unication G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.