Boonton Fireground??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
261
Location
New Jersey
Noticed the other day a new addition to Boonton, a fireground channel
of 463.825. Now today I notice that that freq has been removed. What's
up??
 

RocketNJ

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
892
Location
Pequannock, NJ
I heard Boonton Town Fire is in the process of obtaining a UHF repeater pair and simplex fireground channel.

Stay tuned to see if they get licensed....
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
I asked one of the moderators to remove the data since there is nothing licensed or pending in the FCC database for the Town of Boonton.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
According to FCC records, it's licensed to David R. Pateman.
WPKD-521 463.825 1 Fixed Base - Output 100
" 468.825 40 Mobiles - " 40

Control Point is located on Rt. 10 WB, East Hanover.

There's also, a location in Bayonne.

In Boonton, transmitter located on Boonton Avenue FH.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
How is anyone supposed to know who David Pateman is. If the Fire Dept is using it, it should be licensed under the town and not a person. Just my thoughts.
 

RocketNJ

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
892
Location
Pequannock, NJ
GMRS is like the "commercial" version of CB radio. It is not intended for public safety or commercial communications.

From what I can tell, it sound like Boonton's 46.42 base is linked to the GMRS repeater.
 

kenisned

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
626
Location
Unincorporated Arapahoe
RocketNJ said:
GMRS is like the "commercial" version of CB radio. It is not intended for public safety or commercial communications.

From what I can tell, it sound like Boonton's 46.42 base is linked to the GMRS repeater.
Each user would need a GMRS license then.

Hope they know what they are doing.

Are we sure that's a GMRS frequency? I'm no expert, but it didn't strike me as one.
 

Moose

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
261
Location
New Jersey
Boonton on freq

Well, I just heard Boonton FD at an incident, loud and clear down here in Union County, on their "phantom" frequency of 463.825. Definitely Boonton.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
Pursuit said:

I'm also hearing "traffic" with a PL of 136.5. Very odd for a Fire Dept. to use a GMRS frequency. Even if it is fireground.

Also Ken, correct me if i'm wrong, but are you supposed to utilize a repeater for fireground? I thought it was supposed to be simplex? I'm not sure if this is an NFPA reg. or just a "rule of thumb".
 

robbinsj2

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
851
Location
Bridgewater, NJ
That's not a GMRS channel, it's business band. It would more convenient for license searchers if it were licensed as Boonton Fire Department or something like that, but not required. Public safety licenses should be coordinated so that they have less risk of co-channel interference than business channels, but my understanding is that business channels may be used in circumstances like these.

Jim
 

RocketNJ

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
892
Location
Pequannock, NJ
.

I stand corrected, Robbinsj2 is correct. A while back the 46.42 was linked to a GMRS channel. That new frequency is a business band channel.

Still, using a business band repeater for FD use?
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
RocketNJ said:
.

I stand corrected, Robbinsj2 is correct. A while back the 46.42 was linked to a GMRS channel. That new frequency is a business band channel.

Still, using a business band repeater for FD use?
That's exactly my thought. However, I was able to confirm the frequency as Boonton FD, as I just heard their evening test.

If there is a moderator moderating, I guess they could re-post the frequency.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
res148cue said:
I am monitoring both channels, i'll advise.

It appears that when the aparatus transmit over the county fireband it goes over the UHF as well. Not sure if it's vice versa too. The fireband is simplex.

Apparently they had a problem with the tones going out. They mentioned Boonton Twp. but I don't know why since they are dispatched by the county.
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,796
Location
New Jersey
res148cue said:
It appears that when the aparatus transmit over the county fireband it goes over the UHF as well. Not sure if it's vice versa too. The fireband is simplex.

Apparently they had a problem with the tones going out. They mentioned Boonton Twp. but I don't know why since they are dispatched by the county.
Talking to yourself, sign of old age! Been there, done that. :)
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
Highpockets said:
Talking to yourself, sign of old age! Been there, done that. :)[/QU

THere must be a problem on the Boonton Twp. side with the new radio setup. On fire calls town is dispatching twp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top