Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
What would be a decently priced antenna booster for my pro-106 ? I do have an antenna mounted near my window, could not mount outside.

Thanks for any replys

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I second the suggestion to use a mag mount antenna instead of any preamp on your pro-106. File cabinets, a baking pan on a book case, refrigerator makes a great place to anchor it!

n9zas

scannersnstuff

yup, if you use a preamp you're going to boost the noise. this will nigate any signal gain.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
Magnetic ?

I am no rocket scientist by any means, but why would a magnetic mount on a filing cabinet boost my signal ? i have a small file cabinet next to my bedroom window in which i could mount it. What is it ? Does the magnetic freq. pull in more of the " airwaves " to my pro 106 ? ? ? ?

Stardogg

Premium Subscriber

digitalanalog

Pre-Amps do work,yes they bring in noise, but they can be functional if you do things properly, no one say's you have to run the pre-amp wide open. and without an outside antenna, your best bet is to try a pre-amp and see if it helps, antenna's on cookie sheets will NOT boost your signal....and I believe this is what the OP asked. Antenna Booster......

Status
Not open for further replies.