bootable memory stick image with telive software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sq5bpf

grahampaull

I had mines up and running in about 20 mins using Windows 7. I will put together a quick video guide to doing this and post the link later if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sameehosen

Premium Subscriber
Hello my friend
All download links were not working I
The reason, as already mentioned WINDOWS system
It has been successfully load on KALI LINUX system
I thank you

kevtheskin

Please do . I have tried and failed loads of times to make bootable usb. Just does not work?

Kev

sq5bpf

Please do . I have tried and failed loads of times to make bootable usb. Just does not work?

i've asked around, and so far only one person i know has tried it (besides myself), and unfortunately he didn't use windows software to make the bootable usb.

i will try it on windows, but i have to find someone who will let me use their windows computer to test it (this might take some time, i'm busy for the next 2 weeks).

if you can't find someone with linux, then maybe you could find a someone wiith mac? i've never tried it, but it's unix, so it should be as easy as download, gunzip, and dd

sq5bpf

I had mines up and running in about 20 mins using Windows 7. I will put together a quick video guide to doing this and post the link later if that helps.

please do, and maybe before that write a description to the list on what software you used etc.

this is basic computer stuff, i have no idea why people are having such a problem with this. i was thinking that maybe there really is a problem, for example some weird interaction with some antivirus software, or with the crippled windows volume manager, or something of similar nature (also there is always the simplest explanation but i wouldn't want to offend anyone)

kevtheskin

please do, and maybe before that write a description to the list on what software you used etc.

this is basic computer stuff, i have no idea why people are having such a problem with this. i was thinking that maybe there really is a problem, for example some weird interaction with some antivirus software, or with the crippled windows volume manager, or something of similar nature (also there is always the simplest explanation but i wouldn't want to offend anyone)

Hi again.
For some reason win32disk imager or Rufus or live usb does not create bootable media. I tried my method with Kali live and Ubuntu and worked ok. I think the archive is possibly corrupt . I would really like to get this working.

Kev

kevtheskin

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi can you please tell me what software you used to make the bootable Usb stick?
Also what link you used for download of Telelive

Thanks Kev

kevtheskin

Hi all.
A wee update. Finally got it installed on a Usb stick and it booted up once. Found it had no wifi connection and no ethernet. Dell LatitudeE5400. Rebooted and tried loading again but did not boot a new error came up acpi probe failed and stuck on LM logo screen. Also found that it does not like Toshiba Tecra A11 laptop does not see usb drive at all . Can see my clonezilla boot usb?

Cheers Kev

sameehosen

Premium Subscriber
Thank you my friend sq5bpf
The problem has been resolved by the windows rufs program
The workout program
For friends who suffer from his success on the windows so you just have to use rufs2.8 program and then add the file as it is telive_live_2016031101.img.gz
Name the usb flash as the telive_live
And start copying and when you finish the program will be required to work formate for Flash Memory
Closed and do not work formate
On the other machine must take off on a usb flash
Is somewhat slow Baglall only wait to be loaded system
Read the file and start working redme
Best wishes
Thanksgiving is the duty of a friend sq5bpf

sameehosen

Premium Subscriber
The question now
Do contact on the net and activate the file to install codec once enough ??
Or every time I wanted to run the program you have to do the same steps
Asks the system (kali linux mint) refreshes Are Accept updated ???

kevtheskin

Hello all.
New update again. Re-installed .img on Usb stick again managed to boot up once then restarted and came up with error:file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found entering rescue mode.

Any ideas please?

Kev

sq5bpf

Any ideas please?

- maybe the memory stick is corrupt (try another one)
- maybe you're not shutting down the system properly
- maybe you are letting windows or some other software touch the pendrive (this is the most probable)

kevtheskin

- maybe the memory stick is corrupt (try another one)
- maybe you're not shutting down the system properly
- maybe you are letting windows or some other software touch the pendrive (this is the most probable)
Hello again.
What is the proper shutdown comand. I used Halt in a terminal window. So close yet so far from getting this working HiHI.

Kev

hamradionl

Hi..
Now it's worked better for me, .. i used Rufus in Windows to write the image to my USB memory.
It seems to work well on my "radio" computer as well, but i have trouble to get my wroted down frequencies to work. :/
I have Ubuntu 14.04 and latest Tlive installed before and it works well, but when i trie to listen to the same station on the Telive on the stick it doesent work .. :( doesent know why .. but it seems to be somthing with the frequencies.
/M
Thank you make this easy setup available for those who not experience Linux users
I try using rufus but bootup and startup the programs seem to be very, very slow.
Will you like share your Rufus settings while using the gz as the target file ?
Or did you first make a iso from the gz file ?

sameehosen

Premium Subscriber
Hello all
I can run the program for one channel as described in the instructions
But I failed to run more than one channel
Despite read the instructions please help me

hamradionl

Hello,

I try the following install telive_live_2016031101.img.gz using :
- 64 Gb USB-3.0 USB STICK = bootup oke but not possible to use because all is really very slow
- 128 Gb USB-3.0 SSD HDD = See the start bootup screen, after that nothing is happening for hours

any advice is welcome

sq5bpf

hamradionl

Thank you,
Its a "modern" Win Vista or WIN 7 machine 5 years :)

The slow is, when move the mouse cursor, need wait 3 - 4 minutes to see him moving on screen.
I try
- 16 Gb USB-2.0 USB STICK = only see the startup bootlist after that nothing happen for at least 30 - 40 minutes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.