Border Patrol in Phoenix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cratliff

I have been picking up a lot of border patrol activity in scanning the federal radio bands recently. My questions is: I live in Phoenix, I have not seen a border patrol vehicle up here ever that I can remember. The signal couldn't be coming up this far from the border. Does Border Patrol run operations in the Phoenix area?

Drumnjim

What frequencies are you picking that up on? I have been trying to monitor the border patrol but have had no luck.

cratliff

I dont remember specifically... but I will attach the freq's that I have programmed into my scanner for it. Also, I will try to monitor with a hit logger on the Border Patrol to see what freq's I am actually getting hits and I'll try to post that up.

Attachments

• az border patrol.zip
    432 bytes · Views: 94

cratliff

I've been listening for a while today and have heard a lot of activity. Alot of it seems to be coming over the 168.975 freq. Check it out and post back results. From the conversation that is going on with that freq., it seems like a lot of the activity is going on between Tucson and Nogales.

VNR5338

Typically BP presence north of I-10 & Riggs Road will not be much in the operational aspect. Any operational events in the Phoenix area is encrypted.

mm

168.975 is off of Mt. Lemmon, it used to be called LEMMON 2. I don't know what it is named now.

LEMMON 1 is on 163.725 but it doesn't have the pattern to the North that LEMMON 2 has so you may not hear anything plus it seems to be 99% encrypted even when you can pick it up.

Also check 163.775 Florence and 165.2375 White tanks, I have been hearing a lot of unencrypted comms on these channels also.

You may be able to hear some of the OMAHA and UTAH callsign air units, Blackhawk and Kiowa helocopters, transmitting unencrypted P25 or unencrypted FM on the above channels.

Mike
Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.