Bossier City Fire Encryption

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Well guys, looks like the Bossier City Fire Department has gone encrypted. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the whole system goes away. Looks like a hobby I've enjoyed for 50 years is coming to an end. Very sad.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
BCPD, BPSO, Parish Fire are all clear. I didn't hear anything from city FD; radio didn't even stop on a tg like it usually does with E. USAF P25 stopped on several FD's with no audio (obv E) and then one that was clear (B52). I'm starting to discover that there are several types of E and some radios don't know what to do with them now. Sometimes the E notification dosn't light up even if it is. I didn't doubt you; I figure the more listeners that we have, the better off we will be.

Keep us posted.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
best thing to do is Run DSD or Op25 on the system and you should see whats encrypted, also you can hold on the talkgroup and you definitely should see the ENC if it is

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
... also you can hold on the talkgroup and you definitely should see the ENC if it is

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. On multiple radios confirmed with Unitrunker.

As I stated. I'm convinced there are at least several types of ENC and sometimes the radio does not know what to do with it.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. On multiple radios confirmed with Unitrunker.

As I stated. I'm convinced there are at least several types of ENC and sometimes the radio does not know what to do with it.
Was why I said to run DSD then you’ll know it’ll show you what is used

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, I understand now. Sorry.

We don't have a lot of active forum members in Caddo/Bossier. I only hear new stuff when I come to town. Next time I'll bring my lappy with Unitrunker and figure it out.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I’m wondering what the backstory is on this for sure
Did they get a new chief recently, anyway I’ll be back in August for a bit I’ll poke around

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Bossier for 2 weeks till 8/30, got my radios and DSD fired up, so far all law enforcement is still in the clear, only BCFD is encrypted so no changes

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey send me some audio files and any UIDs. When I was there, I didn't find (or Thought was not) the BCFD Encrypted. I could be wrong.

Thanks

73 for now.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
It's 99% Encrypted. When I get near Sibley/Minden I see some radios broadcasting in the clear on Unitrunker. Maybe 1 or 2. But this is rare (for the short periods that I'm able to monitor anyway). Dispatch and most other units are E.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Hey send me some audio files and any UIDs. When I was there, I didn't find (or Thought was not) the BCFD Encrypted. I could be wrong.

Thanks

73 for now.
They are very encrypted I’ll see what I can do, no promises

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Ok only Dispatch is Encrypted, they just worked a lightning strike on TAC1 and it’s clear