Boston Buisnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come for the hotels page on Boston DB theres only 1 hotel?
Surely there must be more besides Ritz Carlton and Omni house..
Anyone got any other frequencies for hotels in Boston?

OceanNora

The Boston Park Plaza Hotel is uses a Cap+ system, the Hilton Garden Inn in East Boston is on DMR conventional, and the Fairmont Copley uses DMR frequencies but I'm unsure which and whether they're conventional or trunked.

OceanNora

If you're interested, Faneuil Hall Security is on 462.2250 with a tone of D754. Interestingly, they seem to carry Narcan as I heard them grabbing it in the case of a possible OD. The Hilton Garden Inn Logan Airport in East Boston (not the Airport Hilton) is DMR conventional at 462.0250 with a CC of 1. I just entered it in conventional since I only saw one TG ever being used.

OceanNora

I believe 452.2500 CC1 is Rowes Wharf security, but not 100% on that. 463.6250 CC1 is very likely to be Exchange Place security, they mentioned State Street (which the building is on), and that's the only licencee that fits. I hear 464.5000 CC1 very often, it's some sort of building security but nothing they say gives the location away.

Last edited:

ecps92

and to add to this...

Identification of Business users can take time, my experience has been folks want it and want it now. Tracking down business users can take Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months or even the elusive ones Years and Years to finally get the snippet of communication to make an Identification

Business Users can
a. Be on a shared Frequency - now try and ID them
b. Be on a Rented Frequency from a Radio shop - now try and ID them
c. Be Encrypted [even part time] - see a & b
d. might not even be licensed - find them
e. might have an expired license
f. FRS / GMRS

We can go on, but it will give folks thoughts to process and learn.

What Bill said. The listeners are the experts. :)

I heard a weird voice frequency on the VHF band, forgot the frequency but it was pulsating and had some sort of voice on it.. it sounded weird.. if I can get it again i'll record it

garys

Premium Subscriber
All good points. Add to that users on large, multi site, networked MotoTrbo or other trunked systems. The ICE MotoTrbo system has 500 or more active talk groups. Try sorting that out. It's relatively easy trying to figure out the type of business, but it's very difficult to figure out specific companies.

Unlike public safety systems, business radio traffic is fairly sloppy, call signs vary widely, and they never seem to ID by company name.

Good luck.

and to add to this...

Identification of Business users can take time, my experience has been folks want it and want it now. Tracking down business users can take Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months or even the elusive ones Years and Years to finally get the snippet of communication to make an Identification

Business Users can
a. Be on a shared Frequency - now try and ID them
b. Be on a Rented Frequency from a Radio shop - now try and ID them
c. Be Encrypted [even part time] - see a & b
d. might not even be licensed - find them
e. might have an expired license
f. FRS / GMRS

We can go on, but it will give folks thoughts to process and learn.

OceanNora

ICE and Comtronics TGs are a nightmare to pin down, I have about 50 talkgroups from both where I have a location and business type nailed down but getting the actual company name is near impossible. For most of the ones that I have found, some of it has been down to luck just hearing, "nobody called ***** Taxi here."

- I think I know which frequency you're talking about on VHF, if it sounds almost like an alarm with an overly synthesized voice. I forget the freq but someone had a forum post about it years ago, I'll see if I can dig it up. Found it - https://forums.radioreference.com/m...07567-151-6850-mhz-1700-hrs-medford-area.html

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I am some others have had good luck tracking down private ambulance services. It helps if you know the type of business you are trying to figure out. Other than that, as Bill said, it's a matter of sitting and listening. And of course, luck.

ICE and Comtronics TGs are a nightmare to pin down, I have about 50 talkgroups from both where I have a location and business type nailed down but getting the actual company name is near impossible. For most of the ones that I have found, some of it has been down to luck just hearing, "nobody called ***** Taxi here."

- I think I know which frequency you're talking about on VHF, if it sounds almost like an alarm with an overly synthesized voice. I forget the freq but someone had a forum post about it years ago, I'll see if I can dig it up. Found it - https://forums.radioreference.com/m...07567-151-6850-mhz-1700-hrs-medford-area.html

Speaking of ICE and Comtronics, anyone know what the Framingham MWRTA radios are on? I saw an XPR (DMR) mobile today on one of their busses, and I asked the driver and he said it was specifically their work radio, not sure if MWRTA has their own system, or their on one of the DMR TRS's (ICE/ComTronics)

OceanNora

I've made some progress with taxi and towing services from Comtronics and ICE that have been added to the database. On the analog Comtronics LTR, Tunnel Taxi out of East Boston is TG 0-19-171 on the Abington site.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I think I know which frequency you're talking about on VHF, if it sounds almost like an alarm with an overly synthesized voice. I forget the freq but someone had a forum post about it years ago, I'll see if I can dig it up. Found it - https://forums.radioreference.com/m...07567-151-6850-mhz-1700-hrs-medford-area.html

Heard that from up on the North Shore today, really strange!

By the way, I assume your user name is the opposite of "OceanFrank"? ;)

Been hearing those for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.