Boston Marathon on Monday and state police talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Should we be alert for possible new talk groups on the analog system? I was wondering if the National guard has any talkgroups like some other states do? I know during last year I heard them on 49.93. Also will any of the national mutual aid channels be used? Should I program all the V/U/I Tac channels?

26m10

Premium Subscriber
Much more likely to find new talkgroups on the 700 DIgital System.

Keep in mind it is does TDMA and FDMA..

Heavy traffic on the SOPS channels,,Lots of radio check ins with EOD teams..Picking it up in eastern Hampshire county,

How far you think the 700 signal will go?...thinking of putting my 800mhz Yagi up..Pointing it east..

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Heavy traffic on the SOPS channels,,Lots of radio check ins with EOD teams..Picking it up in eastern Hampshire county,

How far you think the 700 signal will go?...thinking of putting my 800mhz Yagi up..Pointing it east..

Most of the Activity is on analog Zone 5 for the marathon, SOPS 1-8 and LPS 1 are in use.

Some of the Activity is simulcasted on the 700 however

kennyblues

Basically the 700 overlay should only be heard inside of Route 128

KB1UAM

Was listening to FEMA up there yesterday they got a tone of 156.7 on 143.600 also 472.1375 seems encrypted for Boston college PD

Status
Not open for further replies.