Boston MedFlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, tonight I heard Boston MedFlight dispatch and one of their helo’s clear as day, dispatch said something about “Manchester Repeater”. The Helo was leaving Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, NH and headed to Boston. I wasn’t close enough to my scanner to see what freq it was on. I didn’t even know I had MedFlight stuff programmed in my scanner. And I didn’t know they had a Manchester repeater. Is it possible they were using DHART repeaters in Manchester? Just curious. I don’t see anything listed in NH for MedFlight in the database. Thanks!

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I would guess they would use the DHART Manchester (Goffstown) Repeater. But they might have their own. I think they contact the neighboring area's dispatchers when operating in their areas. Also, DHART-Comm is the New England and New York coordination center for all Medical Helo's.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
I would guess they would use the DHART Manchester (Goffstown) Repeater. But they might have their own. I think they contact the neighboring area's dispatchers when operating in their areas. Also, DHART-Comm is the New England and New York coordination center for all Medical Helo's.

Thanks. Is DHART Comm based in Lebanon or Manchester?

ecps92

When a Helo is a guest in another entities district it is common for them to Announce to that Dispatch and remain
on their channel while in that AOR [Area of Response]

Yes, very likely you heard them on the DHART system, most [if not all] of the Regional Air Assets have cooperative agreements
to share resources

Hey guys, tonight I heard Boston MedFlight dispatch and one of their helo’s clear as day, dispatch said something about “Manchester Repeater”. The Helo was leaving Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, NH and headed to Boston. I wasn’t close enough to my scanner to see what freq it was on. I didn’t even know I had MedFlight stuff programmed in my scanner. And I didn’t know they had a Manchester repeater. Is it possible they were using DHART repeaters in Manchester? Just curious. I don’t see anything listed in NH for MedFlight in the database. Thanks!

n1das

That would be at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon. Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital (MHMH) on Maynard St in downtown Hanover has been long gone since 1995. I recently found a video online of the September 1995 implosion of the old MHMH building. The hospital had moved into the new DHMC facility a couple of years earlier.

I have lots of memories of MHMH since I grew up in Hanover and one of my sisters was born there. I also have memories of listening to MHMH during my early days of scanning in the late 1970s on MED-1 155.340 (KLX825 PL186.2) and hospital paging on 152.0075 (KZB487).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.