Boston Police Channel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean0673

Premium Subscriber
I live in Dorchester but no matter what scanner and antenna I use BPD Ch 5 is weak, heavy static, and is practically unlistenable. No other BPD channel gives me issues. Thoughts?

ecps92

I would re-check your programming as well as Antenna and Cables, first.

I am South of Boston, getting them R9 and audio is excellent this am [stock, back of set antenna - so nothing impressive]

I live in Dorchester but no matter what scanner and antenna I use BPD Ch 5 is weak, heavy static, and is practically unlistenable. No other BPD channel gives me issues. Thoughts?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I expect periodic interruptions and signal variance as they prepare infrastructure for the transition to P25.

wscranston

Which frequency exactly? I can pick up E5 (460.4) all the way out here in Chelmsford quite well (albeit with a rooftop antenna).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm visiting about 13 miles NW of Boston today... BPD Ch5 - 460.5000 - DPL 351 is being received here full strength, full quieting.

lindsay34654

when was the last time you late time you reprogramed the scanner
your should reprogramed it ever Monday

ecps92

There is no need to reprogram many of the common channels that have not changed in years.

That said, some scanners [if you are looking for NEW stuff] should refresh the RRDB to get the latest, but for 99.9999%
of Metro Boston - Nothing has changed in a few years now.
when was the last time you late time you reprogramed the scanner
your should reprogramed it ever Monday

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Down here in Taunton on my UHF Yagi, BPD Channel 5 is by far the weakest of the main channels.
There are days where I get almost no reception of it at all here. However in Needham, it's as strong as Channel 4.

djs9164

Same scratchy reception for E5 here in Roxbury. I use a Whistler 1088. Must be a location thing.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was in town earlier in the week and had my scanner locked on BPD channels. In general, there is less voice traffic than there used to be. I think that they are using the CAD system more often for Miscel Codes and other routine traffic than used to be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.